Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
21 Posts
Thank you for sharing the manuals. Very informative. Glad to see Ariya using 12V Lithium-Ion battery instead of Acid battery.

I thought Ariya had a heat pump for battery management system. I only saw PTC heater and no mention of heat pump.

·
113 Posts
Thank you for sharing the manuals. Very informative. Glad to see Ariya using 12V Lithium-Ion battery instead of Acid battery.
It can have 2 12V batteries. Front one, which all cars have, is standard maintenance-free lead acid. The rear one, which only cars with ProPilot 2.0 has, is Lithium.

I thought Ariya had a heat pump for battery management system. I only saw PTC heater and no mention of heat pump.
Yes, all of the other marketing literature they've provided clearly says it has a heat pump, so this omission on the last couple pages of this is puzzling. It does say the PTC heater is "supplemental".

·
79 Posts
Dang that is alot of tech. Didn't know it had 4 sideways-facing radar systems. I always regarded the Leaf as a very low-maintenance vehicle, with relatively few points of failure.... kinda like a really nice golf cart. But the Ariya is on a whole different level in terms of complexity and potential failure points.

I'm simultaneously impressed, and fearful, after having read that document.

Thirtycal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts