Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, thought I would start this string as we hope to get our deliveries before the end of the year. Today I had our accountant review the Nissan Binding Web Contract, he said he believes it's a go and he will file for the $7,500 credit on our 2022 taxes. We are in California.

How's everyone else's accountant feedback coming?

·
12 Posts
Hello Everyone, thought I would start this string as we hope to get our deliveries before the end of the year. Today I had our accountant review the Nissan Binding Web Contract, he said he believes it's a go and he will file for the $7,500 credit on our 2022 taxes. We are in California.

i do my own taxes, but will file for the credit if I get the car this year.

·
39 Posts

I am taking the credit even if IRS wants to audit/challenge it later. I am in Maryland.

·
149 Posts
if you lose, be prepared for interest on monies owed.
The safest bet as I plan to do is to initially file my 2022 taxes with no consideration for the Ariya EV tax credit . Once my 2022 tax contribution has been satisfied, I will follow up with an EV tax credit amendment to my 2022 taxes. If the IRS agrees with my amended tax return for the Ariya purchase then I will have automatically established a $7500 tax credit balance to be applied toward my 2023 filing. ie all the IRS can do in this scenario is say no and avoids all risk of being charged interest by the IRS .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts