Nissan Ariya Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

19 Posts
i spoke with my sales team at Buckeye Nissan and they informed me that there would be no markup on the Ariya (at least as far as they are concerned). Hoping that stays the case. One thing I have noticed is that no one at dealerships really knows what is going on. They aren’t being told anything as far as the Ariya is concerned.

160 Posts
Hey @Antman81 welcome to the forum. That's good to hear that your dealer won't markup the Ariya. It's also not surprising that not one knows what's going on, most dealers aren't concerned with new vehicles until they actually start arriving on their lot. How are you looking to spec your Ariya?

19 Posts
I reserved the premier spec. I’ve also heard that they aren’t marking up reserved vehicles anywhere. You’re basically purchasing it from Nissan and they dealer you ship it too gets a kickback. Any vehicles that the dealership orders and stocks they will likely charge a markup to make up for lower sales due to the capacitor shortage.

54 Posts
Just worked with Linda Webber @ Nissan Tustin to switch my order to them. She was great and sent via txt msrp & no add ons. At first I called my local dealership Nissan Torrance and they were not helpful and wanted me to expect a market adjustment when it was time to purchase. I'm glad I found this forum and string!

Me too. Just spoke to their contact who confirmed over the phone, and then in writing, that we would get it at MSRP. Impressed. I just switched my reservation to the Tustin dealership.

180 Posts
Just worked with Linda Webber @ Nissan Tustin to switch my order to them. She was great and sent via txt msrp & no add ons. At first I called my local dealership Nissan Torrance and they were not helpful and wanted me to expect a market adjustment when it was time to purchase. I'm glad I found this forum and string!
Welcome! Glad to know everything went as it should. How did you spec your Ariya?

175 Posts
A white FWD Premier =)
Great news @Maruko congrats! Is the Ariya going to be your first EV?

23 Posts
Hey guys, i just got a phone call out of the blue from a GM at Mossy nissan dealer here in Houston to informed me about my pre-order Ariya to arrive sometime in February/2023 (given +/- months is not important). Then i asked him about msrp..........yes he confirmed for reservation people is msrp + TT&L and no add-ons bs! I couldn't believed it ........and he say his dealer probably got the most reservation orders in the city, because of no markup for reservation buyers. For people that walk-in will have to pay for market adjusted value price. Hope this info will help some of you in or around Houston. This conversation was over the phone so it is not 100% they will honor this when the time come. Please contact the dealer GM to confirm in writing for your case.
Smile Sleeve Font Collar Material property

180 Posts
Now that the market is rapidly cooling due to multiple factors, I think its time to talk discounts not markups for EVs...
Welcome to the forum. I guess you didn't take delivery yet? If not, assuming there won't be discounts anytime soon, would you go to another automaker that does? I think Nissan might be hesitant here.

6 Posts
No I haven't taken delivery yet. However in the last one month I'm seeing values of EV's falling pretty rapidly. I currently have a Volkswagen ID4 and a Mach E GT. My plan is to replace one of them with the Nissan. From what it looks like they both lost about 10% of their value in the past four weeks!! Between the market slowdown in the Tesla shock it will be very difficult to justify the pricing of many electric vehicles at this point. This is not to say that these other vehicles don't have features that justify the price. It's just fast deteriorating market conditions. For the last four weeks I am seeing a dealer in Tilton New Hampshire constantly bombarding me with emails to see if I will take the readily available ariya which has lower specs than what I have ordered and am waiting for.Anyeway there were times where I saw the leaf spectacularly discounted in the pre COVID era. I wonder if we're fast approaching those times again...

41 - 60 of 69 Posts