Nissan Ariya Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

136 Posts
No I haven't taken delivery yet. However in the last one month I'm seeing values of EV's falling pretty rapidly. I currently have a Volkswagen ID4 and a Mach E GT. My plan is to replace one of them with the Nissan. From what it looks like they both lost about 10% of their value in the past four weeks!! Between the market slowdown in the Tesla shock it will be very difficult to justify the pricing of many electric vehicles at this point. This is not to say that these other vehicles don't have features that justify the price. It's just fast deteriorating market conditions. For the last four weeks I am seeing a dealer in Tilton New Hampshire constantly bombarding me with emails to see if I will take the readily available ariya which has lower specs than what I have ordered and am waiting for.Anyeway there were times where I saw the leaf spectacularly discounted in the pre COVID era. I wonder if we're fast approaching those times again...
Mach-E values have plummeted but all that means if you can buy one at MSRP off the lot now instead of a $10K markup. Values of all EVs since July have dropped 15% at least... Demand cratered for them due winter range loss, lower gas prices, higher interest rates, cheaper gas cars being available, etc.

For me.. the Ariya is still in the conversation. I was always planning to buy the R1S and one of Ariya/Lyriq. I'd trade in one of my EVs (BMW i4 or Mach-E) for the Ariya/Lyriq and take a bit of a hit.

186 Posts
The dealer who is registered to my Ariya reservation; Nucar Nissan of Tilton,NH has put a in stock Ariya for sale for ?$5000 off MSRP. I think its the beginnning....but I could be wrong.
They may be trying a bit of advertising sleight of hand -- they added 5k and called it "market price" then subtracted that and called it "savings"

136 Posts

186 Posts

9 Posts
My dealer placed a $5,000.00 markup on the window of my Ariya, but stated it was for people that had not reserved an Ariya (guess in the event that I didn’t take delivery) but they honored the sales price set by Nissan. In fact I think the whole purchasing process (choice to do it online or at the dealer) would eliminate the ability of the dealer to do so. I did not know that you even had the ability to complete the entire purchasing process online before you even step into a dealer.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts