Nissan Ariya Forum banner
401 - 420 of 451 Posts

186 Posts
I’m supposed to go back this week to finalize everything, hoping to have an answer then. I’m annoyed to say the least. The other ones they have on the lot have an average of 8 miles on them.
Do they even have a separate demo? Makes you wonder whether they were using it for a bit for potential customers if they didn't already have a demo. Maybe have a "friend" call or walk in and request to test drive...

479 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else in the US has been called with an update from their preferred dealer.
I thought it interesting that this Engage trim for sale at a dealership in Tacoma was mfg. last July? Leads me to think that any number of Ariya ‘s might have been assembled in the queue last summer but set aside while they waited for semi conductor’s or any other parts they didn’t have ? 😳

Attachments

479 Posts
I’m supposed to go back this week to finalize everything, hoping to have an answer then. I’m annoyed to say the least. The other ones they have on the lot have an average of 8 miles on them.
You might take a peak at the mfg. data sticker located on the drivers door pillar when you return to the dealership. I spotted an Ariya for sale this weekend in Tacoma, Wa that was mfg. last July. If your Premiere was assembled 6 months ago like that one it could explain additional mileage as it was shuffled hither and yon.

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +
336 Posts
I thought it interesting that this Engage trim for sale at a dealership in Tacoma was mfg. last July? Leads me to think that any number of Ariya ‘s might have been assembled in the queue last summer but set aside while they waited for semi conductor’s or any other parts they didn’t have ? 😳
On the placard, the gross vehicle weight is 5300lbs for Engage trim but the brochure says 4300lbs..?

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
I’m pretty sure my Evolve + will arrive before Feb 7. I will not be surprised if it arrives at the end of Jan. I hope to take delivery on Feb 1 so that my car insurance can kick in on a new month. I can take delivery today if I want because my sales guy is giving me top priority. It’s best I don’t cut in line ahead of the person who’s name was already allocated for. I’ll let you know once I get another phone call or text from Tustin Nissan.

The total MSRP in the photo is $52,915. My reservation # 162xx. My portal hasn’t changed. It would be nice if I have the vin # so I can shop for insurance rates.
It seems like Deliveries have really slowed down??Has anyone got updates from Dealers? Are they sitting at PORT waiting inspection, Maybe still on ships? I thought for sure by now things would be picking up. Any AWD getting new info:

102 Posts
It seems like Deliveries have really slowed down??Has anyone got updates from Dealers? Are they sitting at PORT waiting inspection, Maybe still on ships? I thought for sure by now things would be picking up. Any AWD getting new info:
I don't believe more than a few AWDs have even been built. Last search I only found 1 review vid of an AWD and that was on a closed track. I'm not expecting them till Summer or Fall at this rate. If we suddenly see a flurry of review videos of them that would change my view.

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
I don't believe more than a few AWDs have even been built. Last search I only found 1 review vid of an AWD and that was on a closed track. I'm not expecting them till Summer or Fall at this rate. If we suddenly see a flurry of review videos of them that would change my view.
I still have not seen 1 driving anywhere?

186 Posts
Kind of seems like it. When I look on Cars.com there are about 800 Ariya listed. When filtered by trim, it's mostly Engage. Then there's Evolve, Premiere and Venture. Only a handful of Empower. It's not clear to me whether all these vehicles have actually hit the lots.

2 Posts
Kind of seems like it. When I look on Cars.com there are about 800 Ariya listed. When filtered by trim, it's mostly Engage. Then there's Evolve, Premiere and Venture. Only a handful of Empower. It's not clear to me whether all these vehicles have actually hit the lots.
They have not from what I have seen. Cars.com is showing 3 Ariyas at the dealership that I am going through, but they only have one (the demo they can't sell as per Nissan). The other 2 that are showing on Cars.com line up to what the other person and I reserved, but there is no ETA on delivery.

43 Posts
Not all reservation holders participate on this forum, so presumably there Ariyas being to delivered to some of those folks as well. That said, based on the experience noted here, the pace of deliveries has definitely slowed. As I noted in an earlier post, Nissan is attempting to fill preorders not only for the U.S. market but the global market--Asia, Europe, Australia--as well. All of this from a single factory in Japan that has experienced supply chain issues while attempting to respond to demand. The Tesla price reduction is beginning to have ripple effects across the EV market. BMW has announced price cuts on their high end model as other manufacturers look at ways to be competitive in market that is seeing Tesla taking an even larger share. We have seen some participants on this forum switch to Tesla to take advantage of the lower prices and immediate availability. Any Nissan dealers that might contemplate marking up the Ariya will be cutting their own throats in what is becoming a much more competitive market. And, Tesla is saying that the Model 2, starting at 25k, will be available this year. It will be interesting to see who, including Nissan, will be able to adapt to be competitive and survive. Meanwhile, I don't expect to see my Evolve+ until sometime in February or even March.

479 Posts
Not all reservation holders participate on this forum, so presumably there Ariyas being to delivered to some of those folks as well. That said, based on the experience noted here, the pace of deliveries has definitely slowed. As I noted in an earlier post, Nissan is attempting to fill preorders not only for the U.S. market but the global market--Asia, Europe, Australia--as well. All of this from a single factory in Japan that has experienced supply chain issues while attempting to respond to demand. The Tesla price reduction is beginning to have ripple effects across the EV market. BMW has announced price cuts on their high end model as other manufacturers look at ways to be competitive in market that is seeing Tesla taking an even larger share. We have seen some participants on this forum switch to Tesla to take advantage of the lower prices and immediate availability. Any Nissan dealers that might contemplate marking up the Ariya will be cutting their own throats in what is becoming a much more competitive market. And, Tesla is saying that the Model 2, starting at 25k, will be available this year. It will be interesting to see who, including Nissan, will be able to adapt to be competitive and survive. Meanwhile, I don't expect to see my Evolve+ until sometime in February or even March.
Seems logical to assume that the initial round of Ariya’s reaching US dealers has slowed because Nissan production finally exhausted their backlogged inventory intended for our market. When I attended the ride and drive event in Tacoma last July one of the representatives there told me that Nissan had actually began US production of Ariya. I can confirm that information now after spotting an Engage trim for sale on a dealers lot in Tacoma,Wa. with a mfg. date of 07/2022. In hindsight it appears that the initial wave of Ariya’s were intended as dealer demos with a few reservation Ariya’s sprinkled in. Therefore it’s no a coincidence the timing of dealers reporting about two weeks ago that they could finally see actual build dates in their portals that were reservation holder Ariya’s. So I’m assuming that new builds the dealers viewed in their portals two weeks ago will be the next round of Ariya’s bound for the USA.

186 Posts
They have not from what I have seen. Cars.com is showing 3 Ariyas at the dealership that I am going through, but they only have one (the demo they can't sell as per Nissan). The other 2 that are showing on Cars.com line up to what the other person and I reserved, but there is no ETA on delivery.
The dealership where I have my reservation does not have anything shown at cars.com, although they do have the "not for sale"demo now on their own website. Kind of slim pickings right now in the Pacific Northwest. Oh, well. Patience.

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +
336 Posts
Please check out my recent post on Tustin Nissan delivery . They just received 5 more Ariyas this morning.

102 Posts
The dealership where I have my reservation does not have anything shown at cars.com, although they do have the "not for sale"demo now on their own website. Kind of slim pickings right now in the Pacific Northwest. Oh, well. Patience.
Not all dealers report to Cars.com. The dealership I originally chose and have always used is not listed but on their website they are showing 2. There are likely alot more out there than shown on Cars. com

401 - 420 of 451 Posts