Nissan Ariya Forum banner
421 - 440 of 451 Posts

479 Posts
Not all reservation holders participate on this forum, so presumably there Ariyas being to delivered to some of those folks as well. That said, based on the experience noted here, the pace of deliveries has definitely slowed. As I noted in an earlier post, Nissan is attempting to fill preorders not only for the U.S. market but the global market--Asia, Europe, Australia--as well. All of this from a single factory in Japan that has experienced supply chain issues while attempting to respond to demand. The Tesla price reduction is beginning to have ripple effects across the EV market. BMW has announced price cuts on their high end model as other manufacturers look at ways to be competitive in market that is seeing Tesla taking an even larger share. We have seen some participants on this forum switch to Tesla to take advantage of the lower prices and immediate availability. Any Nissan dealers that might contemplate marking up the Ariya will be cutting their own throats in what is becoming a much more competitive market. And, Tesla is saying that the Model 2, starting at 25k, will be available this year. It will be interesting to see who, including Nissan, will be able to adapt to be competitive and survive. Meanwhile, I don't expect to see my Evolve+ until sometime in February or even March.
I picked up my Copper Premier last night.

View attachment 1111
[/QUOTEVery nice, congrats!]

4 Posts
Aloha from the Valley Isle in Hawaii! Long time listener, first time caller. I have a Premier/FWD/Long range reserved, went to the dealer yesterday to test drive their demo. They said they’ve fulfilled two orders so far, the cars are just simply showing up at their door, they don’t have any known time frames for delivery.

They were pretty upset that Nissan told them they were not allowed to sell above MSRP, usually they add on $15K—yikes

They are hoping my car will be here in 2-4 weeks, but can’t confirm. They said the AWD was waaaaaayy out, unsure when they will even start deliveries.

FWIW.

I’ll keep you posted

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +
336 Posts
Aloha from the Valley Isle in Hawaii! Long time listener, first time caller. I have a Premier/FWD/Long range reserved, went to the dealer yesterday to test drive their demo. They said they’ve fulfilled two orders so far, the cars are just simply showing up at their door, they don’t have any known time frames for delivery.

They were pretty upset that Nissan told them they were not allowed to sell above MSRP, usually they add on $15K—yikes

They are hoping my car will be here in 2-4 weeks, but can’t confirm. They said the AWD was waaaaaayy out, unsure when they will even start deliveries.

FWIW.

I’ll keep you posted
The freakish high MSRP markup is because they have limited competition in that state. How many Nissan dealers are there in HI?

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
They will make plenty of money on NON Reservation holders which is SAD also. Glad to be a Reservation Holder in this market. Good Luck Do you have EVGO charging statiopns in Hawaii.

43 Posts
It is obvious that Nissan is struggling to fulfill the reservations made in markets around the world. The EV market is changing rapidly, and unless Nissan can respond they are going to be left behind. Here is the latest from Hyundai on the upcoming Ioniq6 they claim will be available in the spring. That remains to be seen, but Hyundai appears to be ahead of the game compared to Nissan in bringing new models to the EV market.
Meanwhile, many of us are still awaiting delivery on vehicles we made a deposit on in 2021.

· Super Moderator
275 Posts
Hyundai/Kia, Honda, GM, VW, and others are also investing more in new production capacity, especially battery production and materials sourcing, than Nissan. (Or at least than what Nissan has announced publicly. They could have plans they've not announced yet.) They really need to look at their investment roadmap...

The Ariya is really a great car. If they could make this in the US, using US batteries and qualify for the full tax credit and make them in quantity, I think they'd sell quite a lot of them.

479 Posts
Hyundai/Kia, Honda, GM, VW, and others are also investing more in new production capacity, especially battery production and materials sourcing, than Nissan. (Or at least than what Nissan has announced publicly. They could have plans they've not announced yet.) They really need to look at their investment roadmap...

The Ariya is really a great car. If they could make this in the US, using US batteries and qualify for the full tax credit and make them in quantity, I think they'd sell quite a lot of them.
I agree that NA battery sourcing/manufacturing of Ariya would likely be a boon to promote future sales in the US market for Nissan. However, you could also argue that Japanese mfg. quality of Ariyas produced today might be the greater value proposition.

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
I got a call today to pick up my Evolve+ Folsom Ca. #13902 .(20 miles east of Sacramento) It will be ready Friday Jan 27th. Thankyou to all the people I have bounced off with information last 14 Months. Hopefully more good stories. Will use EVGO for 1st year . Charge at home(solar) occasionally. I plan on sitting my 2018 Toyota Tacoma as much as possible keeping under 3-5000 a year using as backup or truck stuff. My average daily run around being retired is under 25 miles daily. more on weekends. I have learned alot.I have NEVER waited 14 months for a car. Wish everyone the Best.

102 Posts
Picked up my Premiere yesterday. Seamless transaction at the dealership, no markups and got the NJ charge up rebate. Showing a range of 320 miles fully charged, we’ll see how that plays out.
I'm jelly. I don't understand why NJ just doesn't make it universally available to all residents, rather than having dealerships sign up for the program.

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +
336 Posts
I got a call today to pick up my Evolve+ Folsom Ca. #13902 .(20 miles east of Sacramento) It will be ready Friday Jan 27th. Thankyou to all the people I have bounced off with information last 14 Months. Hopefully more good stories. Will use EVGO for 1st year . Charge at home(solar) occasionally. I plan on sitting my 2018 Toyota Tacoma as much as possible keeping under 3-5000 a year using as backup or truck stuff. My average daily run around being retired is under 25 miles daily. more on weekends. I have learned alot.I have NEVER waited 14 months for a car. Wish everyone the Best.
AWESOME! Don’tforget to ask for your VIN # so that you can register with EVGO BEFORE taking delivery of your Ariya! 💪

Keep your Tacoma for road trips. If you do sell, it’s very popular truck with great resale value. I’m keeping my Volvo XC90 which is worth nothing! 😂

87 Posts
It is obvious that Nissan is struggling to fulfill the reservations made in markets around the world. The EV market is changing rapidly, and unless Nissan can respond they are going to be left behind. Here is the latest from Hyundai on the upcoming Ioniq6 they claim will be available in the spring. That remains to be seen, but Hyundai appears to be ahead of the game compared to Nissan in bringing new models to the EV market.
Meanwhile, many of us are still awaiting delivery on vehicles we made a deposit on in 2021.
I was looking at Nissan America sales over the last two years and they took a big hit in 2022. Like 21% drop compared to 2021. So not looking for Nissan. With Tesla cutting their prices and the EV rebate in play they are taking market share. Just look at their 4th qtr results. You can say what you want about Musk and Tesla but they are disrupting the auto industry. They have the highest profit per vehicle and are made using 70% automation, it’s pretty impressive the things they are doing. I’m also amazed that people are even buying the Nissan Ariya. I guess it’s like a Volvo, there always someone that will buy one.

49 Posts
I'm jelly. I don't understand why NJ just doesn't make it universally available to all residents, rather than having dealerships sign up for the program.
Not sure, but I feel lucky with reservation 296XX and I got it on 12/30/22 and take a printout of the NJ state incentive, and got it. Otherwise, dealer did not disclose that there is an incentive for EVs

421 - 440 of 451 Posts