Nissan Ariya Forum banner

Anymore US Delivery Updates?

57K views 598 replies 88 participants last post by  Nebraskabd 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else in the US has been called with an update from their preferred dealer.

#5 ·
My # is 11223, but I don't think they're being delivered based upon that. The buyers who purchased at Tustin also had Premieres, so don't know if those are going out first? I am not sure how far in advance the dealers know which vehicles are coming, so I just follow up every few weeks. Best of luck!

#6 ·
I just spoke with my dealer in San Jose. The person I spoke with explained that lots of Ariya are stuck in the port down in LA and likely will not be released before the end of the year. He said Nissan needed to deliver 10 vehicles before the end of the year to qualify for Car of the Year type awards. The ten vehicles have been delivered - 8 to Southern California and 2 to Fremont Nissan. If his information is correct looks like next month for us.

#8 ·
My dealer here in Bend, Oregon has not heard anything from Nissan as of yet. If those that have been delivered in L.A. are all Premier models, I suspect that will be the Nissan strategy based on factory production runs. Those of us who ordered the Evolve Plus or other models will have to wait until they are in the pipeline. I don't expect to take delivery until well after the New Year.

#13 ·
If they deliver all Premiers considering the assembly line sticking with one model which is probaly true? This makes you think what was the point of Reservation? Now it would be Delivery by Model?(Not Reservation) I also have Evolve+ also if fwd is now Jan/Feb I would think Spring Release for AWD will also change??

#17 ·
It sounds like Ariya arrived 8 southern Ca. 2 Fremont Ca. 2 ships unloading in Tacoma Wa. Palm Springs delivery? Bunch of cars stuck at L.A Ports (how many??) 12 delivered Illinois (Chicagoland) this is all info from multiple post so we might get more info starting next week hopefully. Big question amount arriving and are they all Premiers?? Also does reservation # mean anything because if unloaded by model all reservations meaningless. just a thought ...Great input on arrivals from everyone Thanks for the Team effort. Also great that people who received cars staying in touch with update info: previous youtube from Fremont GREAT

#18 ·
I’m in the MA and was told by my Dealer the Ariya arrived in port 2 weeks ago. Believe that port is NJ. Going through final quality inspection prior to delivery. Also, said Nissan is trying to deliver to reservationist across the region at the same time. Mighty big logistics challenge. The dealer indicated they will receive a demo at the same time as my vehicle. Pretty sure I am their only reservationist at this dealership. No updates on when I can pick it up but feeling more and more like early next year. Incidentally, I received an email yesterday from Nissan stating my VR headset will be arriving mid Jan. Hope I’m driving the real one before that. I’m in the 109xx range - ordered the Premiere, sunrise copper, FWD.
Any one on this thread from the Northeast ? If so, are you getting similar updates?

PS I posted this update on another thread on this forum. Adding to this thread too so as to keep in many in the loop as possible

#19 ·
I’m in the MA and was told by my Dealer the Ariya arrived in port 2 weeks ago. Believe that port is NJ. Going through final quality inspection prior to delivery. Also, said Nissan is trying to deliver to reservationist across the region at the same time. Mighty big logistics challenge. The dealer indicated they will receive a demo at the same time as my vehicle. Pretty sure I am their only reservationist at this dealership. No updates on when I can pick it up but feeling more and more like early next year. Incidentally, I received an email yesterday from Nissan stating my VR headset will be arriving mid Jan. Hope I’m driving the real one before that. I’m in the 109xx range - ordered the Premiere, sunrise copper, FWD.
Any one on this thread from the Northeast ? If so, are you getting similar updates?

PS I posted this update on another thread on this forum. Adding to this thread too so as to keep in many in the loop as possible
I'm in NH but ordered the AWD. What part of MA? I grew up in Weymouth

#23 ·
I am also waiting for Aria Evolve+ in MA. Got the VR set email yesterday. The Tesla $7500 discount and 10k free mile charging for Model 3 is giving me second thoughts though on the value of Aria. Anyone thinking the same. I know Aria might have better build but not sure about the rest.

#25 ·
Don't do it!
The Ariya is MUCH MORE OF A CAR than a dingy Model 3 with inferior build quality.

Ariya has 87 kWh battery that can do about 310+ miles. The great thing about it is that we can charge up to 100%. (Actual battery is 90 kWh). Ariya comes with 19” wheels but are not performance tires which will lose range.

Ariya Evolve + trim is priced at $50K. Model 3 starting price is $47K. Ariya has lots of features that Model 3 doesn’t have (panoramic moonroof with sun shade cover, heads up display, 360 safety shield, outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, intelligent auto headlights, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, homelink, etc).

More importantly, the Ariya has FOUR HANDLES for the passengers to hold on to. It was uncomfortable for me sitting in the Model 3 passenger seat going through the traverse road in Malibu Canyon without having something to hold on to….!

I chose Nissan as my go to vehicle for EV because they have 12 years of electrification experiences. Plus, it’s made in Japan! Unlike Fremont/Shanghai, cars are rushed out the doors to meet quarterly and year end quotas. Disgusting!

#29 ·
@Hank. Thanks for the detailed reply. I was leaning towards going ahead with Evolve+ and the points you made are definitely making me go feel more comfortable that this would be the best decision. Especially the build quality and quiet drive along with extra features are a good value. Hoping of course that for those of us who signed the agreement before Aug 16th, we get the federal tax credit. I plan to file for tax credit when I buy the car.

#31 ·
UPDATE:

A Boulder Gray Venture + and a Pearl White Evolve + arrived at Tustin Nissan about 4 hrs ago. The Boulder Gray Venture + was sold to the reservation holder. The Pearl White Evolve + will be the demo car for test drive.

The dealer will begin test drive on Monday (or was it Tuesday). So, if you live nearby Tustin, the list is long for a test drive at Tustin Nissan.

#33 ·
I received a call from the Dealership this morning that my Ariya Premier is expected to be delivered / available for pick up Friday 12/30 or Sat 12/31. If nothing goes astray then Nissan will meet its promise to deliver by the end of the year. After 13 mos, pretty excited!
There are 4 coming in, 3 headed to CT and this is the only one planned for delivery to Western MA (this installment, at least).

#35 ·
I received a call from the Dealership this morning that my Ariya Premier is expected to be delivered / available for pick up Friday 12/30 or Sat 12/31. If nothing goes astray then Nissan will meet its promise to deliver by the end of the year. After 13 mos, pretty excited!
There are 4 coming in, 3 headed to CT and this is the only one planned for delivery to Western MA (this installment, at least).
Congrats!

#36 ·
Visited the Dealer today to discuss trade-in and pricing for my Premiere. During review was shocked to see an up charge of $695 for “premium paint” and $230 for “carpeted floor mats”. Dealer indicated this was done by Nissan, not them. My next step is to contact Nissan for an explanation. I am not happy and view this as an inappropriate, dishonest effort to adjust the MSRP.
Has anyone run into this?

#38 ·
Visited the Dealer today to discuss trade-in and pricing for my Premiere. During review was shocked to see an up charge of $695 for “premium paint” and $230 for “carpeted floor mats”. Dealer indicated this was done by Nissan, not them. My next step is to contact Nissan for an explanation. I am not happy and view this as an inappropriate, dishonest effort to adjust the MSRP.
Has anyone run into this?
Previous owners have showed actual window sticker with this . Listed under Folsom Ca. page 1 #2 underTustin Nissan Actual Price out the door

#41 ·
One other point, under the Nissan Reservation Details dashboard it reads starting MSRP has a drop down indicating “…MSRP excludes tax, title, license, options and destination charge. Dealer sets actual price”. Meaning the two tone color choice should be identified as an option, which it was not. In fact, to be eligible for the Copper two tone color you had to chose the Premier trim level.
Guess I’m cranky about seeing the price climb just when I’m about to get it.

#42 ·
The tax, title, license, options and destination charge will vary by state and dealer, depending on how far the vehicle needs to be transported from the port of entry. Those are common charges. It is the options other than those listed on the sticker that you should watch for. An option should be a choice made by the buyer, not added on by the seller. Years ago, "undercoating" was option many dealers pushed as means of protecting your vehicle from rust. It was an expensive option that did little to prevent rust over the long haul.

#49 ·
For the sake of clarity, these options are NOT a Dealership caused issue. In fact, the Dealership I’m working with has been top rate and fully transparent. The up charge is a Nissan USA issue.
As I’ve learned from this thread, floor mats are a standard fee. I’m not convinced the two-color up charge is appropriate.
Here’s a screen shot of 2023 Ariya press release pricing when it was officially launched September 27, 2022. As you can see the additional charge(s) for factory two tone paint and floor mats are disclosed here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.