Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, talking to Nissan is like talking to a 5 year old. They don't quite throw themselves on the floor and kick their feet, but they sure don't know much either. My dealer tells me they get nothing from Nissan, so...

Mind you I've read a number of possibly correct things in this forum, and of course some things are debated by others so who knows? Surely they have some kind of plan, why is it so darn hard for them to articulate even sort of that that looks like?

However, I don't want to start the latest "Nissan Won't Communicate" thread. Instead I would like to talk about politely finding some way of informing Nissan of their rude behavior.

What kinds of things do I want to know?

1) Are they allocating cars to dealers? If so, in what order?
2) Will I get to drive one before I place my confirming order?
3) Are they supplying by reservation number, region, ouija board, or??
4) How many confirmed reservations still exist?
5) I'm a late reservation holder with a FWD on order. I'd like to change to AWD. But not at a 6 month delay cost. Given whatever place I'm at in whatever queue in whatever process, would I like be tangibly affected?
6) How can any one company communicate so poorly and expect to survive?

·
12 Posts
This is pretty standard across the car industry. I have orders in with Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Volkswagen and Chevy, and there is little to no communication. You can try calling or using chat assistants but they really don't have any more information than we do on the forums. Oftentimes, they even have confirmed worng info. While I would love better accurate communication, it seems to be wishful thinking.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We seem to have had different experiences. When I ordered my F150 I had could get lots of information from my dealer. Expected build date, where in build process it was, ship dates, etc. Same with my Pacifica. Heck, with my Hundai's and Kia's I could get reasonable information.

Nissan? I believe they are in the auto industry. More than that isn't coming from them.

But we need not agree, and I wish you all the best.

·
2010 Nissan GT-R, 1999 GT-R Spec V, 1990 GT-R Nismo, 2013 Scion FR-S, 2017 Armada
19 Posts
We seem to have had different experiences. When I ordered my F150 I had could get lots of information from my dealer. Expected build date, where in build process it was, ship dates, etc. Same with my Pacifica. Heck, with my Hundai's and Kia's I could get reasonable information.

Nissan? I believe they are in the auto industry. More than that isn't coming from them.

But we need not agree, and I wish you all the best.
Keep in mind though that you're comparing cars that are well along in production like the F150 and Pacifica to a brand new first-generation vehicle that's still being launched like the Ariya so it's not quite an apples to apples comparison to say that Ford and Chrysler did a better job in communicating with you. New product launches are always going to be more tightly guarded information-wise than selling established products especially with the current supply chain constraints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts