Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually seen an AWD Ariya yet? I’m wondering if they are trickling out in Japan and/or UK now that FWD models are being delivered. Or perhaps they are following the same delayed release as in the US? I really want to see a review on a dual motor (e4orce) model sometime soon. 🙂

·
26 Posts
I still have my Ariya preorder. I changed it from FWD to AWD maybe a month or two ago simply because the e4orce was the only thing that looked compelling enough to make me possibly overlook the lack of true one-pedal driving. That probably means I am looking at late 2023 delivery. I have not had reason to cancel the order yet since I don't need my $500 back just yet so I am waiting to see if they do a software update for full-stop e-Pedal and possibly to at least test drive a vehicle with e4orce AWD since the "ramen delivery" videos from Nissan looked incredible. I would love to minimize lurch and sway on the passengers. The driver never notices as much because being in control of the car, the driver braces for the g-forces from turns, but passengers are always caught off guard. I know I take the exit curve to our house much slower than my wife does in our Honda Odyssey and I know I much I have to hold on to the door handle or ceiling handle when she is driving that curve, but when I am driving she will tell me that I am taking it too fast (even though I am going slower). The difference is being in the driver's seat versus the passenger seat and not expecting it as a passenger and the driver always holding on to something already (the steering wheel). If e4orce AWD can seriously reduce or minimize cabin g-forces for passengers it could be a big win.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts