Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually seen an AWD Ariya yet? I’m wondering if they are trickling out in Japan and/or UK now that FWD models are being delivered. Or perhaps they are following the same delayed release as in the US? I really want to see a review on a dual motor (e4orce) model sometime soon. 🙂

·
28 Posts
I still have my Ariya preorder. I changed it from FWD to AWD maybe a month or two ago simply because the e4orce was the only thing that looked compelling enough to make me possibly overlook the lack of true one-pedal driving. That probably means I am looking at late 2023 delivery. I have not had reason to cancel the order yet since I don't need my $500 back just yet so I am waiting to see if they do a software update for full-stop e-Pedal and possibly to at least test drive a vehicle with e4orce AWD since the "ramen delivery" videos from Nissan looked incredible. I would love to minimize lurch and sway on the passengers. The driver never notices as much because being in control of the car, the driver braces for the g-forces from turns, but passengers are always caught off guard. I know I take the exit curve to our house much slower than my wife does in our Honda Odyssey and I know I much I have to hold on to the door handle or ceiling handle when she is driving that curve, but when I am driving she will tell me that I am taking it too fast (even though I am going slower). The difference is being in the driver's seat versus the passenger seat and not expecting it as a passenger and the driver always holding on to something already (the steering wheel). If e4orce AWD can seriously reduce or minimize cabin g-forces for passengers it could be a big win.

·
19 Posts
During the driving portion, his comments basically about the drive comfort is better compared to other EV in terms of acceleration and braking doesn't feel as harsh...kinda the selling point of the e4orce. There doesn't seem to be any comments specifically comparing the AWD to FWD of the Aryia. Anyways, no new info here to let us gauge if AWD e4orce lives up to the hype.

If this is a real e4orce, hopefully there will be more reviews on its performance soon...

·
19 Posts
Yikes. May want to pony up another $10k for a model Y.
Yea...I took the plunge reserving the Platinum+ mainly for the anticipation of the e4orce. I don't care as much about the additional features that higher trim brings....I was only willing to pay extra money for the performance. With $7500 coming back for Model Y next year (assuming one can get it)...it seems like a reasonable alternative if performance is what you want. I do think the Ariya Platinum is still a decent value given the extra features like Pro Pilot 2 / sunroof etc that the Model Y doesn't have (at least not unless you pay a few thousand more)

·
150 Posts
Yea...I took the plunge reserving the Platinum+ mainly for the anticipation of the e4orce. I don't care as much about the additional features that higher trim brings....I was only willing to pay extra money for the performance. With $7500 coming back for Model Y next year (assuming one can get it)...it seems like a reasonable alternative if performance is what you want. I do think the Ariya Platinum is still a decent value given the extra features like Pro Pilot 2 / sunroof etc that the Model Y doesn't have (at least not unless you pay a few thousand more)
Something to consider when evaluating the tax credit viability for the Model Y in 2023. As I understand it right now the model Y will only qualify for a $3,750 tax credit next year due to battery composition, material sourcing etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts