Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I charged my Ariya for the first time at the local 350kw EVGO charger starting from 40% level. I do not know why, but I could not charge for more than 49kw. I presume that the temperature of the battery was too low.
However, Is there a gauge for the temperature of the battery? Can we read the value somewhere? What is the temperature of the battery for an optimal/maxim charging ( like 130KW)?

Thanks

· Super Moderator
257 Posts
I charged my Ariya for the first time at the local 350kw EVGO charger starting from 40% level. I do not know why, but I could not charge for more than 49kw. I presume that the temperature of the battery was too low.
However, Is there a gauge for the temperature of the battery? Can we read the value somewhere? What is the temperature of the battery for an optimal/maxim charging ( like 130KW)?

Thanks
See this video, right at the beginning. You'll want to turn it on a good ways before getting to the charging station to give it time to heat up the battery. Bjorn's testing didn't seem to indicate a big reduction in range as a result of using the heater for a full charge worth of driving on his trip the arctic circle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts