Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

91 Posts
I check the reservation portal and it showed that my car had arrived and that I should contact the dealer to complete the buying process. Great! Problem though, I haven't heard from my dealer yet. To those who have received their cars, did you get this type of notice or did your dealer contact you directly. My dealer, initially, told me by the end of the month and that is the timeline that I'm using. However, as stated, the reservation portal has stated that my car has arrived. So, I'm confused?
My dealer had no idea the car was coming. Nissan corporate sucks.

91 Posts
Happy birthday and great news for you. Hope all goes well with your dealer. please share your sticker price and dealer experience afterwards
Dealer charged me MSRP, but added a 1999.00 for dealer prep. I didn’t get my 1240.00, but they assured me I would get a check from Nissan. They new nothing about the 1240.00. Nissan has dropped the ball on this.

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
My dealer had no idea the car was coming. Nissan corporate sucks.
I talked to Nissan Portal with the issue. I have logged on site 5 times and it says HAS ARRIVED (not true for some?) It always switches back to original message FWD deliveries have started. Nissan said their is a Glitch in their system and wait for Dealer to contact you.

91 Posts
I talked to Nissan Portal with the issue. I have logged on site 5 times and it says HAS ARRIVED (not true for some?) It always switches back to original message FWD deliveries have started. Nissan said their is a Glitch in their system and wait for Dealer to contact you.
My experience last weekend Nissan doesn't know what it’s doing. Dealer new nothing about 1240.00 rebate. I did get my 500.00 deposit applied.

92 Posts
Dealer charged me MSRP, but added a 1999.00 for dealer prep. I didn’t get my 1240.00, but they assured me I would get a check from Nissan. They new nothing about the 1240.00. Nissan has dropped the ball on this.
Dealer screwed you out of $3200. Nissan won’t be sending you a check. The reservationist rebate comes off at purchase.

103 Posts
Dealer screwed you out of $3200. Nissan won’t be sending you a check. The reservationist rebate comes off at purchase.
TeeDub is correct. Unfortunately your dealer was not one of the ethical ones. The $1240 has to come off of the MSRP at the time of the sale. You should take steps to file a complaint with Nissan if you provided the info and were ignored. Could be an honest mistake by the dealer but the fact that they charged $1999 for dealer prep means they are not honest.

12 Posts
Tracking process remains a mystery. Like others, this weekend my portal got updated with the "Your ARIYA has now arrived" message and instruction to contact my dealer (listed specifically by name/phone number) to finalize purchase details.

My dealer (in Chicago) just got their demo vehicle last Friday, so even before seeing the portal message, I had an appointment to come in today for a test drive. The test drive was great... but when I asked about my reservation status, the dealer had no update. They were puzzled by the message I'd received and took a screen shot of it as if it were a scientific oddity. (And of course, Nissan's reservation help line agent just points me back to the dealer.)

Based on what I'm piecing together from various threads here, a plausible story might be that my car arrived at a US port (looks like a ship unloaded in Tacoma late last week) and will make its way to the midwest soon-ish... and perhaps it takes a few days before the dealer systems are synched up? It also seems possible the portal message is just a random glitch that has zero connection to any element of reality. Who knows?!

Meanwhile, how is it some dealers are able to see specific production/delivery status info while others aren't? Do they not all tap into the same databases and systems?

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
Tracking process remains a mystery. Like others, this weekend my portal got updated with the "Your ARIYA has now arrived" message and instruction to contact my dealer (listed specifically by name/phone number) to finalize purchase details.

My dealer (in Chicago) just got their demo vehicle last Friday, so even before seeing the portal message, I had an appointment to come in today for a test drive. The test drive was great... but when I asked about my reservation status, the dealer had no update. They were puzzled by the message I'd received and took a screen shot of it as if it were a scientific oddity. (And of course, Nissan's reservation help line agent just points me back to the dealer.)

Based on what I'm piecing together from various threads here, a plausible story might be that my car arrived at a US port (looks like a ship unloaded in Tacoma late last week) and will make its way to the midwest soon-ish... and perhaps it takes a few days before the dealer systems are synched up? It also seems possible the portal message is just a random glitch that has zero connection to any element of reality. Who knows?!

Meanwhile, how is it some dealers are able to see specific production/delivery status info while others aren't? Do they not all tap into the same databases and systems?
I had same message 5 times,it was incorrect Nissan Says Glitch in system. My dealer did pull up my # it says FWD Evolve+ arriving April. At least I now know and can be patient,(Spring Delivery)all dealers should be able to do same as posted other areas.

480 Posts

Maybe some dealers aren’t willing to reveal that they recently got called out for bad behavior and received an update: Note: “Delivery dates of the Ariya are subject to change based on the dealers attitude”. LOL In reality I had hoped that the news that hit NW region dealers late last week was a nation wide thing. Now I’m not so sure, as todays reports seem to signal more of the same. I’m beginning to question now if Nissan actually has a comprehensive delivery plan?

12 Posts
To date, I've personally seen no evidence of "bad behavior" from my dealer. Given how many miles remain before any transaction is actually complete, that's neither here nor there... but at least so far, they haven't shown tendencies towards predatory pricing for reservation-holders, and my interactions to date when I've had questions have been pleasant enough (even if not very fruitful in getting specifics, and sparse given how little info they seem to be getting themselves).

480 Posts
To date, I've personally seen no evidence of "bad behavior" from my dealer. Given how many miles remain before any transaction is actually complete, that's neither here nor there... but at least so far, they haven't shown tendencies towards predatory pricing for reservation-holders, and my interactions to date when I've had questions have been pleasant enough (even if not very fruitful in getting specifics, and sparse given how little info they seem to be getting themselves).
The bad behavior in my view is actually a Nissan thing. In todays market it’s unfortunate that dealers don’t have some mechanism to leverage auto manufacturers when they exhibit bad behavior as Nissan continues to keep their dealers in the dark.

5 Posts
My dealer just called me yesterday to let me know that my Ariya had arrived in Brunswick (port city). He said that this is their 4th Ariya and they were all delivered to the dealership within about 4 days, from Savannah to Atlanta. The dealer states that they are honoring MSRP plus the reservation discount and $500 down payment.

My dashboard still says deliveries have started.

480 Posts
My dealer just called me yesterday to let me know that my Ariya had arrived in Brunswick (port city). He said that this is their 4th Ariya and they were all delivered to the dealership within about 4 days, from Savannah to Atlanta. The dealer states that they are honoring MSRP plus the reservation discount and $500 down payment.

My dashboard still says deliveries have started.
Thanks for sharing. Just one more indicator/example that Nissan continues to struggle with Ariya’s US launch.

3 Posts
My dealer sent me a text to let me know my Ariya had arrived. It was the first one they received and they were pretty excited about it. I took delivery 1/4/23 and I couldn't be happier! I still haven't needed to charge it! The technology is pretty awesome, I feel like I enter a whole new world when I get in!

3 Posts
I got a call from my dealer that my Ariya will be available for pick up on January 25th, 2023. My reservation was placed on 11/17/21 and the ID is 14289 and the model is Venture+. The drivetrain is Front Wheel Drive and has the long range battery. The reservation website indicates this. My dealer claims that they have the VIN number also.

The dealer is as follows:
Nissan of Norwich
691 W Thames St
Norwich, Connecticut 06360

This is exciting news for me because this is my first EV. I currently own a 2020 Nissan Rogue which I plan to keep so comparisons should be interesting.

Good luck to all Ariya reservationists and I plan to post a photo when I get mine.
I just got my new Ariya today. (01/23/23) See photos. I'm still learning how to use all the features. Notice in the 2nd photo that the dashboard shows 345 miles at 99%.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts