Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 3 of 26 Posts

· Super Moderator
485 Posts
I have not tried B Mode, but eveytime you apply brakes on D Mode, Regen takes place. Obviously with estep, everytime you leave the accelerator pedal, it begins to Regen and also your acceleration is slower compared. But I would like to understand more on what does B have to offer?
More Regen with e-step only or also with general braking. I drive a lot on highways at 55+ and prefer to have e-step off.
B is between D and E-Step, but closer to D. When you lift off the accelerator in B, it coasts less than D but a lot more than E-Step. The difference between D and B isn't huge, but B seems to be more like what happens with an ICE when using engine friction to help slow down. Most of my driving is highway too.

When hitting the brake pedal, I've not noticed much difference between any of these, but then, it's really hard to tell when friction braking starts so I may just not be noticing. (Had to stop for a deer yesterday... Pretty sure THAT used the friction brakes!)

· Super Moderator
485 Posts
So what do you prefer on highways, D or B?
Cruise. :) I leave it in B, but it really doesn't matter since I use cruise control pretty much any time I can. Keeps me from getting tickets. (OMG, it is so easy to exceed the speed limit in this car without noticing because of how quiet and smooth it is compared with my Pilot... :D )

1 - 3 of 26 Posts