Nissan Ariya Forum banner

Charge scheduler problem

1999 Views 27 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  atreis
Anyone else have a problem with the charge scheduler changing the schedule? I set the schedule in either the vehicle or app and some time later it is changed, causing the vehicle to charge during peak electric rate periods. I also seem to be stuck in immediate charge mode where the charge starts as soon as I plug it in even though it's not in a scheduled time and I haven't pressed the immediate charge button. I have a 23 Premier (ordered in Nov 21).
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
I set both the charge schedule and the climate control schedule using the phone app, and not had any issues.
Anyone else have a problem with the charge scheduler changing the schedule? I set the schedule in either the vehicle or app and some time later it is changed, causing the vehicle to charge during peak electric rate periods. I also seem to be stuck in immediate charge mode where the charge starts as soon as I plug it in even though it's not in a scheduled time and I haven't pressed the immediate charge button. I have a 23 Premier (ordered in Nov 21).
I have the same problem, talked with Nissan. Unfortunately if the car loses XM sat connection it doesn't know what time it is and doesn't know what to do. It doesn't matter if the car is connected on wifi as it gets the time from XM. The solution is to not use the schedule so the car charges right away.

So we've been charging pretty much peak rates vs after hours... who would have thought the Leaf did it better...
Reactions: 1
I have the same problem, talked with Nissan. Unfortunately if the car loses XM sat connection it doesn't know what time it is and doesn't know what to do. It doesn't matter if the car is connected on wifi as it gets the time from XM. The solution is to not use the schedule so the car charges right away.

So we've been charging pretty much peak rates vs after hours... who would have thought the Leaf did it better...
Thanks for the response. That is totally unacceptable. So if my car loses XM in my garage, it loses track of time? That will need to be fixed, otherwise I will have to get up at 12:30 am to plug it in at an affordable rate. My Chevy Bolt doesn't have this problem.
Thanks for the response. That is totally unacceptable. So if my car loses XM in my garage, it loses track of time? That will need to be fixed, otherwise I will have to get up at 12:30 am to plug it in at an affordable rate. My Chevy Bolt doesn't have this problem.
Just confirmed that my car doesn't lose XM while in my garage. (I can listen to an XM station just fine.) Anyway, this post may help you out from someone a while back that parks in an underground garage:
Funny thing that was also me trying to connect to Wifi in the underground garage. I've worked with the nissan personal assistant on this issue with no resolve. Also agree it is unacceptable, but unfortuantely already bought the car.

I think if we knew about the charging schedule problem, rough ride, and $200 / hr labor cost at our dealership, we probably wouldn't have bought the car...
Funny thing that was also me trying to connect to Wifi in the underground garage. I've worked with the nissan personal assistant on this issue with no resolve. Also agree it is unacceptable, but unfortuantely already bought the car.

I think if we knew about the charging schedule problem, rough ride, and $200 / hr labor cost at our dealership, we probably wouldn't have bought the car...
For kurtsimon's sake, does setting the clock manually not work for the charge timer issue?

Hopefully Nissan will fix some of these types of issues with an update.
For kurtsimon's sake, does setting the clock manually not work for the charge timer issue?

Hopefully Nissan will fix some of these types of issues with an update.
The clock always seems to have the right time on the dash display so I haven't manually set it. I'll try that now. I called Nissan Customer Support, and they told me they can't help me until the dealer fails at fixing it. I'm not sure how they can duplicate the problem in their shop. I have an appointment.

What exactly did you need done that would cost you $200/hr? Installing accessories?
What exactly did you need done that would cost you $200/hr? Installing accessories?
Yes that was the cost to install accessories.
The clock always seems to have the right time on the dash display so I haven't manually set it. I'll try that now. I called Nissan Customer Support, and they told me they can't help me until the dealer fails at fixing it. I'm not sure how they can duplicate the problem in their shop. I have an appointment.
I've tried putting it on manual, but once you drive the car out and it get's XM sat it uses that time to set the system, then depending on your time zones, it modifies your schedule. Here's me with Nissan customer support on the line sending them pics of what happens. My 12:10am start time changes into 8:10am start time once I drive out and get a XM sat signal while on manual time setting. So unless I change the schedule when I get home, it won't charge the car at night.

In short, I'll have our car on auto clock with the schedule - and it's like a 50/50 chance of charging. So to be safe when we need to make sure we charge, we turn off the schedule. We're leaning to no schedule to not deal with the headache...

Attachments

See less See more
Yes that was the cost to install accessories.
I hear ya but who will do it for free? Why would that discourage you from buying an Ariya?

Yesterday, I had a plumber come by to fix a broken copper pipe. Exactly one hour later, it's $550 for his time.

On another note, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing "rough ride". My Evolve+ drives like a floating boat on cloud 9. It's so butter smooth. It's very Lexus like quality smooth ride. (This is based off of my father's 2010 Lexus LS430 and my ex gf's 2018 Lexus ES350 as comparison).
I hear ya but who will do it for free? Why would that discourage you from buying an Ariya?

Yesterday, I had a plumber come by to fix a broken copper pipe. Exactly one hour later, it's $550 for his time.

On another note, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing "rough ride". My Evolve+ drives like a floating boat on cloud 9. It's so butter smooth. It's very Lexus like quality smooth ride. (This is based off of my father's 2010 Lexus LS430 and my ex gf's 2018 Lexus ES350 as comparison).
I think it's not about doing the accessory install for free, but at a price where a general buyer of a Nissan would pay / afford. My experience was we wanted (2) accessories installed. Their quote was both accessories at MSRP + a wiring harness. Then 4hrs per accessory min @ $200 / hr. so $1,600 in labor.

Coming from a Chevy Volt, we're used to hourly rates in the lower $100s and getting billed time spent so $200/hr + minimums feels high. Our history CHevy labor bill were free or 1-2 hrs for stuff.

I realize it's all relative as you're coming from a Lexus family. Didn't mean to offend other Nissan Ariya owners. I probably should have just stayed with Chevy and waited for the Chevy Equinox EV...
I think it's not about doing the accessory install for free, but at a price where a general buyer of a Nissan would pay / afford. My experience was we wanted (2) accessories installed. Their quote was both accessories at MSRP + a wiring harness. Then 4hrs per accessory min @ $200 / hr. so $1,600 in labor.

Coming from a Chevy Volt, we're used to hourly rates in the lower $100s and getting billed time spent so $200/hr + minimums feels high. Our history CHevy labor bill were free or 1-2 hrs for stuff.

I realize it's all relative as you're coming from a Lexus family. Didn't mean to offend other Nissan Ariya owners. I probably should have just stayed with Chevy and waited for the Chevy Equinox EV...
Please reach out to Nick at Tustin Nissan. He's the GM. As a customer of his, he will help you out with the accessories.

I am meeting with him today about my custom wheels. I will ask for you if you are serious about wanting the accessories installed.

As for the Chevy Equinox EV, it's a very nice EV but you'll have to wait till next year to get your hands on it?
Please reach out to Nick at Tustin Nissan. He's the GM. As a customer of his, he will help you out with the accessories.

I am meeting with him today about my custom wheels. I will ask for you if you are serious about wanting the accessories installed.

As for the Chevy Equinox EV, it's a very nice EV but you'll have to wait till next year to get your hands on it?
Let me know if you plan to have them take off the wheel covers before you buy the rims. Take a pic if you do please.
I have a dealer appointment Monday. I'll show them your data and let you know what I find.
Let me know if you plan to have them take the wheel covers before you buy the rims. Take a pic if you do please.
Will do! I think it's the best interest of everyone, and including Nissan Tustin, what's behind those hub caps... It's a total mystery.

Please note that mine is Evolve +. The alloy wheels may be different on your Empower...
Please reach out to Nick at Tustin Nissan. He's the GM. As a customer of his, he will help you out with the accessories. I am meeting with him today about my custom wheels. I will ask for you if you are serious about wanting the accessories installed. As for the Chevy Equinox EV, it's a very nice EV but you'll have to wait till next year to get your hands on it?
So funny thing, Tustin is where I bought our Ariya and also where the $1,600 labor quote for 2 accessory install was from. I've already purchased and recieved one of the accessories I bought from nissan online this week, hoping to have time this weekend to install myself. The accessory kits come nicely organized with good instructions. Crossing my fingers it won't take 4hrs to install.
So funny thing, Tustin is where I bought our Ariya and also where the $1,600 labor quote for 2 accessory install was from. I've already purchased and recieved one of the accessories I bought from nissan online this week, hoping to have time this weekend to install myself. The accessory kits come nicely organized with good instructions. Crossing my fingers it won't take 4hrs to install.
Yes, I do remembered you were the first Ariya buyer from Tustin Nissan in Dec. Hopefully, you can save $$ doing self installation. If you need anything, it doesn't hurt to ask Nick directly.

I'm getting the new wheels install right now as I type this post. In the future, I will want outside mirror light indicators once parts are available.
I have a dealer appointment Monday. I'll show them your data and let you know what I find.
Dealer said "there's nothing wrong". I'm waiting to talk to a Nissan rep.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts