Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +
336 Posts
The Grey hub caps are for non-premiere trims. I think 20 inch wheels get a different hub cap.

I was at Tustin Nissan this afternoon. All 3 Ariya Premieres are in the showroom. Linda happened to be walking by in the showroom while I was sitting inside the Ariya. I told her you must be very busy becsuse your name is plastered all over this website.

Anyhow, the 19" copper hubcaps are standard. The 20" gray alloy aluminum wheels are an upgrade per Parts Dept. Bummer! I was hoping to have the 19" gray hubcaps swapped onto my Pearl White. It is confirmed that the gray wheels are aluminum 20" wheels and not just hubcaps.

336 Posts
Sorry to break your heart, but the 20" wheels are not just aluminum alloys. The Center part is a hubcap. This is what they look like without the caps, (From an Ariya Facebook group). View attachment 826
Yes, the parts guy did mentioned about the center cap. Center cap is much different than a full hubcap for the 19” wheels.

Anyhow, I plan to customize my Ariya with 19” Infiniti style wheels or other aftermarket wheels. It’s quite disappointing that we spend $50K+for an EV but received hubcaps instead.

39 Posts
Your effort at discretion is appreciated, but the VIN is on the Tustin Nissan website, for all three Ariyas. They are made in Japan and will be treated as such for the purposes of the tax credit.
The IRS Tax Code specifically specifies "final assembly" for purposes of the rebate. How is that different than "build plant country" -- and can anyone make sense of why the window sticker specifically lists final assembly as Los Angeles if it doesn't translate over to the tax rebate requirement?

250 Posts
The IRS Tax Code specifically specifies "final assembly" for purposes of the rebate. How is that different than "build plant country" -- and can anyone make sense of why the window sticker specifically lists final assembly as Los Angeles if it doesn't translate over to the tax rebate requirement?
Usually cars coming to the port will get inspected and have accessories added there. So that is probably what that is about.

34 Posts
I noticed that the premiere msrps in the sticker are the new ones, around $1250 odd more than the prices during reservation. But the reservation portal still says that they will honor the old price to the reservation holders and the dealer will eventually explain more about that. Can anyone share, was that honored in the final delivery price?
My Ariya premiere is expected to arrive sometime this week

22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I noticed that the premiere msrps in the sticker are the new ones, around $1250 odd more than the prices during reservation. But the reservation portal still says that they will honor the old price to the reservation holders and the dealer will eventually explain more about that. Can anyone share, was that honored in the final delivery price?
My Ariya premiere is expected to arrive sometime this week
Nissan telephoned (or attempted to telephone) the reservationists back in early October, and said that due to the increased cost of materials, the MSRP will be increasing by $1,240. However, reservationists will receive $1,240 off the new MSRP. In my case, it was taken off the final cost as a rebate, as well as the $500 reservation fee, so the total was reduced by $1,740. One note about the $1,240 is that they took it off after the sales tax was calculated on the new MSRP, so I essentially paid sales tax on the $1,240. I don't know if they would have changed it if I had mentioned it to them.

34 Posts
Nissan telephoned (or attempted to telephone) the reservationists back in early October, and said that due to the increased cost of materials, the MSRP will be increasing by $1,240. However, reservationists will receive $1,240 off the new MSRP. In my case, it was taken off the final cost as a rebate, as well as the $500 reservation fee, so the total was reduced by $1,740. One note about the $1,240 is that they took it off after the sales tax was calculated on the new MSRP, so I essentially paid sales tax on the $1,240. I don't know if they would have changed it if I had mentioned it to them.
Thanks for the info and also for all the pictures you posted. I will keep that in mind when I go for delivery

336 Posts
I think by law, any rebates are usually always taken AFTER paying the full price with the sales tax Included.

As an example, you buy something at Costco for $100. Costco offers $20 off savings. You must pay $100 + tax before they can apply the $20 instant savings. The IRS want their tax on the full value of the purchase before any discounting is applied.

Having said that, I was really surprised that Nissan raised the MSRP price so minimal. A lot of things have changed along the supply chains since i placed the order in Nov ‘22. I was expecting an increase of $5000+ added to the MSRP by the time the car is ready for pickup. The reason why I believe Nissan did not jack up the MSRP much higher was because of the strong USD vs the Yen. The strong USD makes import cheaper (in theory). Hence, Nissan was able to absorb the higher cost thanks to stronger USD.

Although we may or may not get our pre or post $7500 IRA, I feel comfortable with my purchase knowing Nissan did not increase the MSRP substantially. It would have been my last straw to walk away from my reservation.

Kudos to Nissan for doing the right thing and not be greedy! $50K for Ariya that comes with tons of new technologies compared to ICE at $50K. Bonus: They asked all their dealerships to sell at MSRP price! What not to like? It could be lot worst!

34 Posts
I think by law, any rebates are usually always taken AFTER paying the full price with the sales tax Included.

As an example, you buy something at Costco for $100. Costco offers $20 off savings. You must pay $100 + tax before they can apply the $20 instant savings. The IRS want their tax on the full value of the purchase before any discounting is applied.

Having said that, I was really surprised that Nissan raised the MSRP price so minimal. A lot of things have changed along the supply chains since i placed the order in Nov ‘22. I was expecting an increase of $5000+ added to the MSRP by the time the car is ready for pickup. The reason why I believe Nissan did not jack up the MSRP much higher was because of the strong USD vs the Yen. The strong USD makes import cheaper (in theory). Hence, Nissan was able to absorb the higher cost thanks to stronger USD.

Although we may or may not get our pre or post $7500 IRA, I feel comfortable with my purchase knowing Nissan did not increase the MSRP substantially. It would have been my last straw to walk away from my reservation.

Kudos to Nissan for doing the right thing and not be greedy! $50K for Ariya that comes with tons of new technologies compared to ICE at $50K. Bonus: They asked all their dealerships to sell at MSRP price! What not to like? It could be lot worst!
In
I also see that the manufacturing options are not under anyone's control. Is that a fair assumption? Based on the pics,I see one has carpets added to it while the other one doesn't.

336 Posts
Update:
I was at Tustin Nissan this afternoon. They received more Ariyas. They had:

1) Black Engage+. This is their demo unit that I test drove in late Dec.
2) Black Evolve+
3) Black Evolve+ is in the showroom with dealer add ons and big markup: Asking: $57.4K
4) White Evolve+. This vehicle includes carpet, kick plate, and dual tone colors as mfgr add ons
5) Copper Premiere.
6) Black Premiere

#4 and #5 are already assigned to the customers for pickup. I don't know about the status on #2 and #6. #3, good luck selling it for $62K. There's a sucker born everyday....

Dealer now has partial visibility in their system. I was told the next Pearl White Evolve + will arrive on January 17th. I told the manager I do not want carpet and kick plate. I think with the dual tone colors, I have no choice but to accept the mfgr pricing

34 Posts
Got my copper premier yesterday. Mfg options included premier mats and dual tone color which was fine by me. They adjusted the 1240 and 500 advance to my final price. Their financing offers were way off but luckily I had my auto loan approval letter along and went along with it.
I asked for a copy of the binding purchase agreement that was submitted prior to IRA, and after speaking on phone with Nissan officials didn't know anything about it. Will call Nissan customer care later to inquire about it later.

336 Posts
Got my copper premier yesterday. Mfg options included premier mats and dual tone color which was fine by me. They adjusted the 1240 and 500 advance to my final price. Their financing offers were way off but luckily I had my auto loan approval letter along and went along with it.
I asked for a copy of the binding purchase agreement that was submitted prior to IRA, and after speaking on phone with Nissan officials didn't know anything about it. Will call Nissan customer care later to inquire about it later.
was your Copper Premiere from Tustin Nissan? I wonder why dealer financing is not consistent with Nissan promotion?

336 Posts
Update:
I was at Tustin Nissan this afternoon. They received more Ariyas. They had:

1) Black Engage+. This is their demo unit that I test drove in late Dec.
2) Black Evolve+
3) Black Evolve+ is in the showroom with dealer add ons and big markup: Asking: $62K
4) White Evolve+. This vehicle includes carpet, kick plate, and dual tone colors as mfgr add ons
5) Copper Premiere.
6) Black Premiere

#4 and #5 are already assigned to the customers for pickup. I don't know about the status on #2 and #6. #3, good luck selling it for $62K. There's a sucker born everyday....

Dealer now has partial visibility in their system. I was told the next Pearl White Evolve + will arrive on January 17th. I told the manager I do not want carpet and kick plate. I think with the dual tone colors, I have no choice but to accept the mfgr pricing

The very last photo is the dealer markups with crazy add ons. The last photo looks weird because of the light reflection from the ceiling lights.

The
Hood Vehicle Window Car Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Product Font Automotive exterior Material property Technology

336 Posts

4 Posts
Your effort at discretion is appreciated, but the VIN is on the Tustin Nissan website, for all three Ariyas. They are made in Japan and will be treated as such for the purposes of the tax credit.
Final Assembly Location shows Los Angeles because that is the USA Port where the Nissan Ariyas had additional accessories and items added or mounted. Do not confuse this with the Country of Manufacture which is Japan where the Vehicles are built (not in the USA).

336 Posts
Linda from Tustin Nissan called me earlier. She has visibility of my Pearl White Evolve+. ETA is February 7th or sooner. This is perfect. I dont have to pay car insurance for whatever days remaining for January.

I told her I don't want the kick plates and the carpet floor mats added to the MSRP. She said she no control over it. However, i know I can play hard ball, but why bother. I'm at home stretch and lets close the deal!!

She asked how I will be paying for it. I told her, "$5000 on my Chase credit card, and the rest with a business check". This should simplify the buying experience for both parties....

90 Posts
Linda from Tustin Nissan called me earlier. She has visibility of my Pearl White Evolve+. ETA is February 7th or sooner. This is perfect. I dont have to pay car insurance for whatever days remaining for January.

I told her I don't want the kick plates and the carpet floor mats added to the MSRP. She said she no control over it. However, i know I can play hard ball, but why bother. I'm at home stretch and lets close the deal!!

She asked how I will be paying for it. I told her, "$5000 on my Chase credit card, and the rest with a business check". This should simplify the buying experience for both parties....
Please check if they have any good finance option just in case.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts