Nissan Ariya Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
28 Posts
Yes that’s why I wasn’t worried about the xc40, I know it’s a good vehicle, however I’m pretty far from the Volvo dealers and the Nissan dealer is close enough that it’ll be manageable if I have trouble with this vehicle and I won’t be tearing my hair out driving into metro Detroit area when/if I need to take it in.
That's fair. I was very interested in the GV60, but I wrote it off because the nearest Genesis dealer is over an hour away.

·
16 Posts
From various EV forums, I've culled as many examples of US pre-order reservation numbers as I could find. Several of those forum users said they ordered immediately as the Ariya preorder/reservations website went live back on Nov 17. So far, I have not found a single example of anyone stating they have a reservation number lower than 10,000.

Is it possible that Nissan started the reservations index from a base of 10,000, rather than 1?

For all folks here with a preorder, you can check your reservation number by looking in the email that Nissan sent when you registered and placed your preorder... or, you can also find it on the Ariya website when you log in.

For example, mine is 22,1xx. The earliest posted number I've found online is 10,9xx. Does anyone have a 4-digit reservation number? We should have probably added that as a field in the Reservation Tracking List, but there's only 32 forum members here who have participated in that survey, which is about 10% of the registered forum users.

Who here has the highest reservation number? That should give us an idea of how many pre-orders have been registered so far, but I suspect that total number will be offset by 10,000.
I ordered mine on 11/16. The ID is 104xx. I stopped by local dealer today for my LEAF service. The sales team told me no news from Nissan corporate yet but expected to have an update in the Summer.

·
6 Posts
When are you expecting to take delivery? I see you are coming from a Prius-V, did you at any point consider a Toyota hybrid or all-electric SUV?
I am fully expecting a lot of delivery date creep with the Ariya (as with all EV manufacturers). I think they said late 2022, but my guess is it will be closer to summer 2023 for the AWD version. I would love to be pleasantly surprised.
I recently got an EV6 and am really enjoying it. The Ariya would be a replacement for my wife’s Prius-V. I’m not sure when the Toyota BZ4X AWD will arrive in the US, but if the range is solid (>260mi) we will definitely consider it. We have also been considering the RAV4 Prime due to range anxiety, but the reality is we don’t do a lot of road trips and I think the DC charging infrastructure continues to improve in the US.

·
18 Posts
I am fully expecting a lot of delivery date creep with the Ariya (as with all EV manufacturers). I think they said late 2022, but my guess is it will be closer to summer 2023 for the AWD version. I would love to be pleasantly surprised.
I recently got an EV6 and am really enjoying it. The Ariya would be a replacement for my wife’s Prius-V. I’m not sure when the Toyota BZ4X AWD will arrive in the US, but if the range is solid (>260mi) we will definitely consider it. We have also been considering the RAV4 Prime due to range anxiety, but the reality is we don’t do a lot of road trips and I think the DC charging infrastructure continues to improve in the US.
I'm of the opposite view... DC charging is going to be horrible for the next two years before the $7.5B fund can finance/subsidize chargers faster than EVs are sold. There's been discussions on how busy EA chargers are on the Mach-E forums... lines might be normal soon. They were all empty when I owned an ID.4 and Mach-E in the fall of 2021. Today, I started seeing lines at Superchargers for the first time in Florida. I knew it was coming because every SC visit I've been in the last two months has hit "high utilization warning" and thus caps your charge to 80%

I had a RAV4 Prime. It was incredible. Loved every second of it. It's great if you only drive 40 miles a day since you can stay in EV mode 100% of the time. And the power is insane. 302hp is no joke. My Model Y won out though (I still prefer EV driving 100% of the time) and I needed more space - hello Telluride!

The longer the Ariya is delayed... the less likely I'm buying one. There are alternatives now like the Ioniq 5, C40, Solterra that did not exist a few months ago. Not to mention I want something larger and the only thing that fits the bill is the forthcoming R1S.

·
3 Posts
From various EV forums, I've culled as many examples of US pre-order reservation numbers as I could find. Several of those forum users said they ordered immediately as the Ariya preorder/reservations website went live back on Nov 17. So far, I have not found a single example of anyone stating they have a reservation number lower than 10,000.

Is it possible that Nissan started the reservations index from a base of 10,000, rather than 1?

For all folks here with a preorder, you can check your reservation number by looking in the email that Nissan sent when you registered and placed your preorder... or, you can also find it on the Ariya website when you log in.

For example, mine is 22,1xx. The earliest posted number I've found online is 10,9xx. Does anyone have a 4-digit reservation number? We should have probably added that as a field in the Reservation Tracking List, but there's only 32 forum members here who have participated in that survey, which is about 10% of the registered forum users.

Who here has the highest reservation number? That should give us an idea of how many pre-orders have been registered so far, but I suspect that total number will be offset by 10,000.
Reservation # 39xxx on 05/01/22, about a week before reservation closed.

·
11 Posts
I made my reservation on 11/16/21 about 11:00 pm Pacific time zone. Number given was 10,2xx and I wondered if 10,000 was the start. If one of the last was 39,xxx that points toward a production run on somewhere around 30,000 cars. I talked with my dealer today and the sales person (not mine as he was out) told me the cars for reservation holders had already be ordered. My only wish now is a time window shorter than "Fall 2022" for delivery.

·
127 Posts
I made my reservation on 11/16/21 about 11:00 pm Pacific time zone. Number given was 10,2xx and I wondered if 10,000 was the start. If one of the last was 39,xxx that points toward a production run on somewhere around 30,000 cars. I talked with my dealer today and the sales person (not mine as he was out) told me the cars for reservation holders had already be ordered. My only wish now is a time window shorter than "Fall 2022" for delivery.
Too bad they couldn't share any info about production.

·
1 Posts
Reservation # 39xxx on 05/01/22, about a week before reservation closed.
Here is the inside scoop from someone who worked as member of Ariya online reservations portal team:
Ariya Reservation Portal was launched on or around 11/17/2021. All reservations numbers/IDs begin with a base number: 10101 with increments of three for every vehicle reservation. So minus 10101 from your reservation number and divide by 3 to obtain the real queue number. Don’t ask me why this logic was used. I paid $500 for my reservation on Nov-17-2021 at 10am and received a number: 1108n . So far no news of an ETA regarding delivery although I’m in the first 500 cars delivery schedule . Hoping the wait is worth the newly designed EV.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts