Nissan Ariya Forum banner

Don't use the NissanConnect EV app

1949 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mcg
I used to have a Nissan Leaf, so when I got my Ariya last weekend I reinstalled the Nissan Connect EV app. Even with the help of their tech support I couldn't get it to connect to the car, even though I could connect on my browser. More recent Leaf owners might know this already, but it turns out you can't use the NissanConnect EV app for the Ariya, you use the NissanConnect app. Hopefully this saves someone else a bit of frustration trying to get the "EV" app to work.
Reactions: 1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I used to have a Nissan Leaf, so when I got my Ariya last weekend I reinstalled the Nissan Connect EV app. Even with the help of their tech support I couldn't get it to connect to the car, even though I could connect on my browser. More recent Leaf owners might know this already, but it turns out you can't use the NissanConnect EV app for the Ariya, you use the NissanConnect app. Hopefully this saves someone else a bit of frustration trying to get the "EV" app to work.
Thank you for this info -- our Ariya has not arrived yet, but we also used to have a Leaf and I was wondering about that!
I installed the NissanConnect EV last week on my iPhone 11. The app has been working fine for me.
Res 1093X
Premiere
I installed the NissanConnect EV last week on my iPhone 11. The app has been working fine for me.
Res 1093X
Premiere
Me too. The Nissan Connect EV installed 3 weeks ago and works fine.
Interesting to hear that the NissanConnect EV worked for several other people! I take back my warning, but would perhaps change it to say that if you find one of the two apps not connecting to your car, then try the other one.
Reactions: 1
Interesting to hear that the NissanConnect EV worked for several other people! I take back my warning, but would perhaps change it to say that if you find one of the two apps not connecting to your car, then try the other one.
It isn’t working for me. I used it on iPad iOS and Pixel Android. Once logged in, it wants me to add my new vin# which I already did this morning. It was working fine then. The app is very buggy for both iOS and Android
My dealership had me setup the NissanConnect app while I was taking delivery and it's worked fairly well. It gives me charge status and how long remaining, lets me set the charge schedule (which I did), turn on climate control remotely, set a climate control schedule (which I also did), and plan routes. It sends alerts for various things letting me know when something starts/stops. The route planning works but is a little awkward and limited. I haven't figured out how to add custom waypoints, for instance, and there doesn't seem to be a way to filter the charge stations it selects to certain brands (ahem! EVGo), and you have to save a route as a favorite before it's shown you the route details, which is weird, and hitting "Save" on a route after seeing the details schedules the route to be sent to the car for departure after 15 minutes, which is definitely not what I would think save would do. Once a route is scheduled to be sent to the car, there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel it from the app. I've done this twice by accident and had to go out to the car to turn it back off. (Both times were from me hitting "Save"... Lesson learned!) I've had to force stop the app a couple times when it's gotten stuck trying to update, so definitely not perfect, but it works well enough and is useful enough that I plan to buy the service when the trial expires.

Swipe down in the app to get it to update. It doesn't seem to update automatically, but will still send notifications. My phone is a Pixel 5.

How to do Dog Mode: Turn off the car, start it charging, and lock it. Use the app to turn the climate control on remotely.
See less See more
I called Nissan Connect about my Nissan Connect EV app. I was told to use only the NissanConnect app, and to remove NissanConnect EV app. The EV app is for Leaf.
I called Nissan Connect about my Nissan Connect EV app. I was told to use only the NissanConnect app, and to remove NissanConnect EV app. The EV app is for Leaf.
Thank you. I think I'll hang on to the NissanConnect EV app for now just in case we decide to get another Leaf!
Yes I realized the same with the 2 Apps
1 - 10 of 10 Posts