Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been carefully watching the various YouTube Ariya casts and noted, when I can see the driver's dash display, about 1/2 of the Ariyas show e-Step and the other 1/2 show e-Pedal. Also, on some casts, they show the console setting switches, some show e-Pedal and some e-Step. I can't figure out if the difference is geographical or trim level.

e-Step behaves exactly like my Leaf with e-pedal off and drive mode set to "B". With e-Pedal off and "B" on and ProPilot on, the car comes to a complete stop if the car in front stops; I don't need to use the brakes.

It's obvious, the only difference is between e-Pedal and e-Step is the firmware and possibly the switch on the console.

I've asked my dealer if they'd check with Nissan to see if my car come with e-Step, they can modify the firmware, and maybe the switch, for me.

I'd appreciate anyone who has info on this issue to way-in.

Just thought of a option for Nissan to consider. Let the driver select e-Pedal or e-Step in the vehicle settings.

· Super Moderator
257 Posts
Many videos were made using pre-production cars, some of which had the button labeled e-pedal. I could be wrong but think all production cars are e-step. The difference is noticeable if you use it with ProPilot off. Without ProPilot, e-step won't bring the car to a complete stop without hitting the brake, where e-pedal would.

25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many videos were made using pre-production cars, some of which had the button labeled e-pedal. I could be wrong but think all production cars are e-step. The difference is noticeable if you use it with ProPilot off. Without ProPilot, e-step won't bring the car to a complete stop without hitting the brake, where e-pedal would.
I am very familiar with 2 Leafs e-Pedal. Please note I said: "e-Step behaves exactly like my Leaf with e-pedal off and drive mode set to "B". With e-Pedal off and "B" on and ProPilot on, the car comes to a complete stop if the car in front stops; I don't need to use the brakes."
Plus, I drove one of the demo Ariyas several months ago. So, I'm familiar with how e-Step works. It is a hazard if a driver has been using e-Pedal for 5 years.

· Super Moderator
257 Posts
I am very familiar with 2 Leafs e-Pedal. Please note I said: "e-Step behaves exactly like my Leaf with e-pedal off and drive mode set to "B". With e-Pedal off and "B" on and ProPilot on, the car comes to a complete stop if the car in front stops; I don't need to use the brakes."
Plus, I drove one of the demo Ariyas several months ago. So, I'm familiar with how e-Step works. It is a hazard if a driver has been using e-Pedal for 5 years.
Fair enough. I also think they should make it an option in the settings and it's likely they could do that with an OTA update. I think that would make a lot of people here happy. I doubt you'll find an option to change the label on the switch though, unless a third party decides to offer that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts