Nissan Ariya Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

14 Posts
This draft certainly aligns with the intent of the IRA transition rule. This news should put any Ariya reservation holders mind at ease that their purchase will still be tax credit eligible when taking delivery in 2023. I wonder how many Ariya reservation holders who cancelled and purchased a M Y in order to qualify for the tax credit will have remorse?
Lol nope no remorse. Great car and a great buying experience. Didn’t have to deal with some shady dealer, markups, “let me talk to my manager I’ll be right back” talk. Did everything at my own leisure on my app. Car drives wonderfully and is a huge upgrade over the Venture I had reserved. Hopefully those who have or still waiting on a Ariya get the credit. Tesla actually tells you if your car does qualify for it and when it doesn’t. Nissan still hasn’t said a word. Because if it did, they should be sending out that email immediately so there’s no more cancellations.

94 Posts
The draft form has had line 3 since at least September. This has been available for some time now. The problem is that when reading the instructions there is no further guidance on line 3. Meanwhile the IRS website continues to state that the written binding agreement is in effect until the end of 2022. This does not clarify anything further than we already had.
Yes, this - 100%.

Nothing has changed, and the problem all-along has been the phase "binding agreement'. This was true then, and continues to be an ambiguous statement now: But Nissan has not stepped up to the plate in any way/shape/form to add clarity to this. So far Nissan has just punted on this (despite the fact that they obviously have a corporate legal team), and is leaving it up to all of us to go figure out on our own... And to me that is a pretty good indicator that they have already determined it's a lost cause - but they won't tell us that because there's a certain percentage of pre-order holders who will continue to act on 'hope'; so why lose those potential sales?

By staying silent on this matter, Nissan is making it pretty clear what the answer is.

90 Posts
That’s the draft form f8936 mostly same as before without mentioning the transition rule, not instructions doc. The draft form instructions doc is new that mentions transition rule. Though transition rule is known since last August, I’m not aware of any IRS f8936 instructions doc that mentions transition rule until this latest (Rev. Jan 2023).

103 Posts
Joe Manchin is attempting to file a new bill to deny EV Credits that will be given out till March due to IRS delay (So Teslas might not qualify for the full $7500) and enforce the manufacturing requirements starting Jan1 itself and also to eliminate any commercial leasing loophole. So I would say 2023 EV credits are more at risk than 2022 ones at this point as long way to go for the 2023 tax filing season.

186 Posts
Joe Manchin is attempting to file a new bill to deny EV Credits that will be given out till March due to IRS delay (So Teslas might not qualify for the full $7500) and enforce the manufacturing requirements starting Jan1 itself and also to eliminate any commercial leasing loophole. So I would say 2023 EV credits are more at risk than 2022 ones at this point as long way to go for the 2023 tax filing season.

Sheesh. Maybe I should figure out a way to convert the Ariya into a miniature coal fired power plant that boils water that spins a turbine that generates electricity... oh wait, that's where some of the electricity at the wall socket where I plug it in comes from...:LOL:

479 Posts

Joe Manchin is so full of himself. He knows as well as anyone that any new bill proposed in this congress has as much chance of surviving as an ice cube in hell. I suggest there are more than a few Dems enjoying these times as they sit back and watch Manchin squirm as the IRS takes their sweet time to sort things out. Bottom line: This is just another example of a political stunt Joe is willing to stage as he continues to creep ahead toward his 2024 re-election campaign. (Heavy emphasis on creep.)

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +
336 Posts
I think this whole bill is a total mess. People rush out to buy an EV just because there's credit out there for the taking. It encourages bad behavior (impulse buying) that may stretch their budget beyond their financial means.

-------+-
This is a good read in a summarized
version of the $7500 IRA.

Why the $7,500 EV tax credit may be tougher to get starting in March

103 Posts
Joe Manchin is so full of himself. He knows as well as anyone that any new bill proposed in this congress has as much chance of surviving as an ice cube in hell. I suggest there are more than a few Dems enjoying these times as they sit back and watch Manchin squirm as the IRS takes their sweet time to sort things out. Bottom line: This is just another example of a political stunt Joe is willing to stage as he continues to creep ahead toward his 2024 re-election campaign. (Heavy emphasis on creep.)
I agree with you. But since Manchin pretty much was the vote that helped passed the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), he is right that the main intention of IRA is to encourage domestic EV industry and treasury is diluting it with the lease loophole. So if at any point Dems need his vote again, he will demand his amendment be passed or IRS change the guidance. Sinema has already gone independent. Bottomline is EV credits in 2023 are not assured and he is even talking about claw backs if any credits were issued after Jan 1st under these IRS loop holes.

34 Posts
Speaking on tax credits, the binding agreement that we had signed online, did you guys save a copy of it.
My dealer didn't have any clue when I picked up my Ariya and also the Nissan customer care was of no help on this subject. They say, I should have saved a copy or taken a screenshot while submitting the agreement onlineand advised me to speak to tax advisor on more options around it.
Anyone else facing the same problem.

103 Posts
Speaking on tax credits, the binding agreement that we had signed online, did you guys save a copy of it.
My dealer didn't have any clue when I picked up my Ariya and also the Nissan customer care was of no help on this subject. They say, I should have saved a copy or taken a screenshot while submitting the agreement onlineand advised me to speak to tax advisor on more options around it.
Anyone else facing the same problem.
You should have received a confirmation email from Nissan. We did. The subject line said "Thank you for your support and commitment, JohnDoe". That says "This will confirm our receipt (prior to enactment of IRS of 2022)". To me that is the official confirmation of the binding agreement. I got it from Nissan dated 8/25/22. Dealer will have no clue and wont be able to help.

34 Posts
You should have received a confirmation email from Nissan. We did. The subject line said "Thank you for your support and commitment, JohnDoe". That says "This will confirm our receipt (prior to enactment of IRS of 2022)". To me that is the official confirmation of the binding agreement. I got it from Nissan dated 8/25/22. Dealer will have no clue and wont be able to help.
I did get that email. But do you think, just that emil would be enough as proof. I remember a 2-3 page binding agreement when I signed it at the bottom with the date. That copy to me would be more concrete proof to take it forward for tax credit. Lemme know what everyone has to say about this

186 Posts
I did get that email. But do you think, just that emil would be enough as proof. I remember a 2-3 page binding agreement when I signed it at the bottom with the date. That copy to me would be more concrete proof to take it forward for tax credit. Lemme know what everyone has to say about this
After the actual click to sign and signing, there was a page that people could print out or print to pdf. Then you could put an ink signature on it if you wanted and keep for your records. But then anyone who can get their hands on an unsigned print out could put their name on it. The email acknowledgment, sent to the reservation holder who signed, I think is better.

34 Posts
After the actual click to sign and signing, there was a page that people could print out or print to pdf. Then you could put an ink signature on it if you wanted and keep for your records. But then anyone who can get their hands on an unsigned print out could put their name on it. The email acknowledgment, sent to the reservation holder who signed, I think is better.
Hmm.. true.. that page can be forged, although I would have preferred to have that document along with the email to file for tax credit.

186 Posts
With tax credit and what to submit along with it, hmmm... there's some debate about what is a "binding agreement" -- treasury/IRS has some opinion on that, but so do individual states.

186 Posts
With tax credit and what to submit along with it, hmmm... there's some debate about what is a "binding agreement" -- treasury/IRS has some opinion on that, but so do individual states.
You know, unless there's specific instruction to submit supporting documentation, I wouldn't include any. If they need to see it they will ask for it, and the email shows the intent of the parties.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts