Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
33 Posts
At the bottom of the email it says expected late fall/winter 2022 now
EXACTLY! This maybe the first Nissan I will ever own, assuming it ever does come into existence. I am beginning to wonder. I think the Hyundai owners will be trading their Ioniq 5's in for a new model while we just keep getting a lack of communication and the big shine on. I am really disappointed in how Nissan have handled this. I had far greater hopes. After the debacle of a ride and drive event and now this over promise and under deliver AGAIN! I wonder if this is really the car for me. I wonder if it will ever arrive.

·
22 Posts
EXACTLY! This maybe the first Nissan I will ever own, assuming it ever does come into existence. I am beginning to wonder. I think the Hyundai owners will be trading their Ioniq 5's in for a new model while we just keep getting a lack of communication and the big shine on. I am really disappointed in how Nissan have handled this. I had far greater hopes. After the debacle of a ride and drive event and now this over promise and under deliver AGAIN! I wonder if this is really the car for me. I wonder if it will ever arrive.
Here we go again. This isn’t unique to Nissan. It seems like no automaker is capable of producing an EV at a realistic pace or volume. I’m tired of waiting and chasing tax credits. At this point I’ll buy whatever vehicle rolls off an assembly line first.

·
57 Posts
Here we go again. This isn’t unique to Nissan. It seems like no automaker is capable of producing an EV at a realistic pace or volume. I’m tired of waiting and chasing tax credits. At this point I’ll buy whatever vehicle rolls off an assembly line first.
At least we know they are producing cars as they have been delivered in Japan and Europe now. We just don't know the volume. The other issue is pricing, as I see the 2023 Mach E pricing is now similar to Tesla for long range models.

·
33 Posts
At least we know they are producing cars as they have been delivered in Japan and Europe now. We just don't know the volume. The other issue is pricing, as I see the 2023 Mach E pricing is now similar to Tesla for long range models.
And there lays the problem. We don’t know how many and at what pace they’re being produced. There is no relief for the waiting. Complete silence from the company about deliveries and if they are delivering on time. And no word about production. It’s bush league This utter lack of transparency.

·
15 Posts
This isn’t just Nissan. People need to relax. We are early adopters on a pre order list. Global supply issues, pandemic that isn’t really over, massive demand for goods are all factors affecting everything. My wife works for a large multi-line auto dealership. Stores that should have 200 cars show 25-50 on their website and every one is reserved. Similar to our situation put down a deposit and wait. Except we’re waiting for a brand new model, so a little more patience is in order. Could be like Tesla. Three months to a year wait when you order and a month later you could get an email that says, hey we need $65k now, your car is here.

·
22 Posts
And there lays the problem. We don’t know how many and at what pace they’re being produced. There is no relief for the waiting. Complete silence from the company about deliveries and if they are delivering on time. And no word about production. It’s bush league This utter lack of transparency.
I have a feeling the utter lack of transparency is an industry-wide problem. It doesn't make it right but with so much demand and so little supply, I expect poor customer service from all automakers these days. There's no incentive for them to communicate or be transparent. :( I'm surprised Nissan sent out binding purchase agreements - most EV makers did nothing.

·
57 Posts
I talked with a local dealer who was saying beginning November, but obviously things can change.

·
12 Posts
Your situation one step earlier than mine. Can I know your reservation ID? mine is 31xxx.
I got the same response/confirmation email about that online form I accepted for the purpose of the EV credit.

I never actually got any email/txt from Nissan or the delivery dealer about signing the form...I got it from a link that someone posted in the forum.

My reservation ID is also 31xxx (platnium trim)

·
3 Posts
I got the same response/confirmation email about that online form I accepted for the purpose of the EV credit.

I never actually got any email/txt from Nissan or the delivery dealer about signing the form...I got it from a link that someone posted in the forum.

My reservation ID is also 31xxx (platnium trim)
I was never asked to sign any form yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts