Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else bothered by the (apparent) fact that the color options seem to be specific to the 4 different option packages?

I need the AWD version so I've ordered a Platinum+, but I want the Deep Ocean Blue Pearl exterior, which seems to only be available in the Evolve+.

Not sure what the reasoning is for this lack of choice; and perhaps I'm oddly focused on color - but I'd prefer to choose from any of the colors I see available with the 4 different packages. It seem that in the UK for instance, this is possible. Why is the US market being limited?

·
3 Posts
Is anyone else bothered by the (apparent) fact that the color options seem to be specific to the 4 different option packages?

I need the AWD version so I've ordered a Platinum+, but I want the Deep Ocean Blue Pearl exterior, which seems to only be available in the Evolve+.

Not sure what the reasoning is for this lack of choice; and perhaps I'm oddly focused on color - but I'd prefer to choose from any of the colors I see available with the 4 different packages. It seem that in the UK for instance, this is possible. Why is the US market being limited?
Yes - I too was disappointed, especially seeing how the UK has all the color choices, I think. I was able to order a color a I like in the Premier - Northern Lights.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Similarly, I found a color I like (Boulder Grey), but it's not the color I would have picked if I'd had a choice of the full palette. I'm sure eventually (in several years when all orders have ben filled), you'll be able to choose any color in the US.

·
3 Posts

Yes !

I want the full Pro Pilot 2.0, but the color choices for the trim that offers that are not acceptable to us, so we’re stepping if down one trim level so that we can get the blue !

·
2 Posts
I was at the LA auto show last November. They showed a blue exterior and tan interior combination. It was sharp!

·
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2014 Corvette Stingray
13 Posts
Similarly, I found a color I like (Boulder Grey), but it's not the color I would have picked if I'd had a choice of the full palette. I'm sure eventually (in several years when all orders have ben filled), you'll be able to choose any color in the US.
Same here! I settled on boulder gray although my first choice was the deep blue in the Evolve trim. However I didn't want the light colored interior. I've seen a few boulder gray nissans around and I think I will still enjoy the color a lot.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad that others share my opinion. I think Nissan know's it's not a deal-breaker at this point for US constomers, but I'm guessing that soon after us Early Adopters take delivery of ours, they'll open up more colors... that's how it always seems to work ;-).

The color choice may not be an issue for most, but if you ever end up selling a car, having a rare color makes it much more desirable an easily sold - so for some, it is a concern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts