Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
On Android (not sure about Apple) the MyNissan app has received a major update. It now has all of the NissanConnect features built in with an updated UI. Featurewise it's about the same as NissanConnect plus the old verison of MyNissan, but is laid out differently. It seems a little faster. It looks like this change makes the NissanConnect app unnecessary.
Are others finding that the NissanConnect is a bit sluggish on the connecting?? About half the time it spins, tells me my car (in my driveway) can’t be located, then—voila!—it starts updating. Once it’s fired up it’s great, but I’m wondering if the MyNissan app might be better??

Are others finding that the NissanConnect is a bit sluggish on the connecting?? About half the time it spins, tells me my car (in my driveway) can’t be located, then—voila!—it starts updating. Once it’s fired up it’s great, but I’m wondering if the MyNissan app might be better??
I've been using MyNissan now that the NissanConnect functionality has been ported over to it. It's a little better, but I didn't set my bar too high.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
A little better, but not night and day. That said, I'd expect the NissanConnect app to no longer receive maintenance updates, so MyNissan is the way to go regardless.

I wonder why both apps exist? A little redundant?
Now, yes. The old MyNissan app was much more limited. All the smart/remote stuff was in NissanConnect, but now that they've redone MyNissan I think they'll do as Atreis said and just let NissanConnect just die.

Hope they build a widget for MyNissan next so you can quickly trigger specific actions from your home screen.

I find the new MyNissan app to have a better user interface but it still seems unable to update the status of my vehicle very quickly. I have to refresh two or three times to get an accurate "range "reading or if you select the " Charge "tab it sits and spins for a solid 30 seconds to a minute. Seems like the car maybe only communicates once in awhile to the server or something .

I find the new MyNissan app to have a better user interface but it still seems unable to update the status of my vehicle very quickly. I have to refresh two or three times to get an accurate "range "reading or if you select the " Charge "tab it sits and spins for a solid 30 seconds to a minute. Seems like the car maybe only communicates once in awhile to the server or something .
I’d say it might even be slower to update.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.