Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie to forum - hoping to get help with a puzzle?? When our Ariya arrives next month (fingers crossed) it will replace our ICE and join our 2013 Leaf. Faced with the issue of charging two EVs, I trying to develop a DIY hack to easily swing the charging cord from either vehicle. I was thinking hanging a pvc bar (parallel to the back of garage) about 7’ high and drag the cord back & forth (over 6’-7’ span) between the two but am concerned about friction/wear of rubber on pvc. I do not want to spend $600 for a mechanical arm as I believe there must be a way to easily hang and sling cord with reduced wear. Anyone else have dealing with the two EV charging challenge ? Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks !

·
82 Posts
At least one person mounted their EVSE to the ceiling and has a coupe of pulleys attached to the cable. They can move it just about anywhere it needs to go, and the pulleys retract it back up when it's not in use.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding - I can picture how pulleys would help in one direction (from back to front of garage), but can’t imagine how the pulleys help swing EVSE back/forth between the two vehicles? Is there a photo you’ve seen or a link you can share?

·
9 Posts
The other approach is to connect two EVSE boxes ("chargers") to one circuit, so that you have two cables, one for each EV. I believe that JuiceBox, Tesla, and ClipperCreek feature such load-sharing capabilities.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Terrific content ! Plenty of ideas to work with. Shout out to Jeff-4 for including the links. Really like the application of the tool balancer.
Thank to all for responding. Hope you receive your Ariya soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts