Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same as many of you, I am disappointed to learn that the Ariya does not have true one-pedal driving. I was just chatting with a reservation support rep, and she informed me that there is no public forum to submit product feedback, and they cannot even submit on behalf of customers. So, my hope here is that someone from Nissan peruses these threads and sees that there is plenty of demand for a true one-pedal experience when using e-Pedal.

It's definitely a preference.... you either like it or you don't. Fortunately, it can be turned off if you don't like it! I currently drive a LEAF, and have used the e-Pedal since day one.

Comment below whether you agree or disagree with Nissan's new e-Pedal approach.

·
149 Posts
Hey @ztev welcome to the forum. It was surprising to hear that the Ariya isn't going to have one-pedal capability, especially with how popular it is on other EVs. I'm not as used to one pedal as you are or others are but I still think Nissan missed the mark. It should be available for people that want to use it.

·
26 Posts
Hey @ztev welcome to the forum. It was surprising to hear that the Ariya isn't going to have one-pedal capability, especially with how popular it is on other EVs. I'm not as used to one pedal as you are or others are but I still think Nissan missed the mark. It should be available for people that want to use it.
What is crazy is that Nissan has the tech already and their e-Pedal was the first one-pedal mode that could stop the car on a hill and hold it stopped without applying the brake pedal. They really just need a vehicle setting for e-Pedal to toggle "creep" on or off to switch between classic "e-Pedal" and the new "e-Pedal Step".

I am wary about Nissan bothering though since they once provided an option to limit battery charging in the Leaf to 80% and there is no such configuration on the Leaf since at least 2018. The best you can do is set a timer to stop charging at a specific time, but you cannot limit Level-2 charging to 80% explicitly like you can in a Tesla or EV6 or other EV's.

·
7 Posts
I just had a great time at the Ariya Ride & Drive Experience. I am impressed with the interior finish, panoramic sun roof w/ retracting shade, and the smooth handling of the Ariya around turns and bumps.

The one issue holding me back is the lack of a complete stop option for the “e-Pedal Step” regenerative braking mode. When asked why this feature was not offered, the reps said customer surveys suggested most drivers preferred some forward “creep”.

The best solution would be to make “full stop/no creep” an option and not a requirement. For example, the Kia EV6 has a creep regen mode (level 1-3) but also offers a “full stop/no creep” regen mode (“i-Pedal”). Hopefully Nissan rethinks their decision and provides a software update to re-enable the classic “e-Pedal” mode for Ariya owners.

What is crazy is that Nissan has the tech already and their e-Pedal was the first one-pedal mode that could stop the car on a hill and hold it stopped without applying the brake pedal. They really just need a vehicle setting for e-Pedal to toggle "creep" on or off to switch between classic "e-Pedal" and the new "e-Pedal Step".

I am wary about Nissan bothering though since they once provided an option to limit battery charging in the Leaf to 80% and there is no such configuration on the Leaf since at least 2018. The best you can do is set a timer to stop charging at a specific time, but you cannot limit Level-2 charging to 80% explicitly like you can in a Tesla or EV6 or other EV's.

·
5 Posts
I just had a great time at the Ariya Ride & Drive Experience. I am impressed with the interior finish, panoramic sun roof w/ retracting shade, and the smooth handling of the Ariya around turns and bumps.

The one issue holding me back is the lack of a complete stop option for the “e-Pedal Step” regenerative braking mode. When asked why this feature was not offered, the reps said customer surveys suggested most drivers preferred some forward “creep”.

The best solution would be to make “full stop/no creep” an option and not a requirement. For example, the Kia EV6 has a creep regen mode (level 1-3) but also offers a “full stop/no creep” regen mode (“i-Pedal”). Hopefully Nissan rethinks their decision and provides a software update to re-enable the classic “e-Pedal” mode for Ariya owners.
Bravo and looks like I am keeping my 2020 Leaf and will continue to happily e- pedal around .

I had a better business bureau complaint négociation with Nissan over infotainment static that I lost - but sent your comments to lead teach at Nissan and asked for help - I just complained to Nissan Consumer Affairs too - yours truly the peddler

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody see this? .....

(see video above)

This guy claims it came to a complete stop just by lifting his foot off the accelerator.
This is crazy! I hadn't seen this response, but just came across this video on YT today, and was on my way here to post the very same thing. Check out his demonstration/comments at 10:20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts