Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
18 Posts
I've been trying to buy a Leaf and all the dealerships around me that have stock have marked them up $3-5k. Scum.
well, this is the result of showering the entitled with money - nobody works, everyone is entitled.

and this is just a car…there are much bigger issues out there … nobody wants to grab the shovel, but everyone wants to eat…. Nobody wants to study medicine and work hard shift hospital jobs, yet everyone is entitled to healthcare…

·
94 Posts
well, this is the result of showering the entitled with money - nobody works, everyone is entitled.

and this is just a car…there are much bigger issues out there … nobody wants to grab the shovel, but everyone wants to eat…. Nobody wants to study medicine and work hard shift hospital jobs, yet everyone is entitled to healthcare…
I don’t understand your point here with regard to how entitlement relates to a car dealer charging over MSRP?

·
18 Posts
I don’t understand your point here with regard to how entitlement relates to a car dealer charging over MSRP?
Because everyone’s job nowadays is to press buttons and we keep complaining that the construction, manufacturing and the repair guys, which are more and more rare, are charging us more while they do their hard jobs while we sit on the couch pressing buttons.

We act as if the rest of the world must sell us what we want at the price we want. This is entitlement.

Everyone has the right to ask for their stuff whatever price they want - why we never complained when we were getting 10k off MSRP?

·
94 Posts
Because everyone’s job nowadays is to press buttons and we keep complaining that the construction, manufacturing and the repair guys, which are more and more rare, are charging us more while they do their hard jobs while we sit on the couch pressing buttons.

We act as if the rest of the world must sell us what we want at the price we want. This is entitlement.

Everyone has the right to ask for their stuff whatever price they want - why we never complained when we were getting 10k off MSRP?
Ok…..thanks for sharing.

·
94 Posts
If Nissan was building the Ariya in August for the USA market as the Nissan Rep. you spoke with had indicated, it’s entirely possible that the first shipments heading our way may actually be earmarked for dealerships to use as their test drive vehicles. Just a guess but it seems feasible that Nissan may elect to apply the same rollout formula for the Ariya that they refined several years ago during the Leaf launch. The following is an overview of my memory of our Leaf reservation/buying experience:
*Each reservation holder was eventually contacted by their designated dealership to make an appointment to meet and discuss options such as the desired color, floor mats, mud flaps, and yes even the quick charge port was an option back then. Most importantly as a reservation holder we were able to take a Leaf for a test drive during our initial meeting at the dealership. (Our dealer allotted approximately 45 minutes for my wife and I to test drive the one and only Leaf they had on their lot to be used as a test vehicle. )
After a test drive and as long as the reservation holder still wanted to proceed with the purchase, (as we did) a dealer contract was developed listing all of our options we desired. Then as a reservation holder we were officially converted to a “purchaser “ once we paid a larger deposit that was determined and spelled out in the new purchasers agreement contract.
Note the the VIN number could not be provided at this time since this new purchasers agreement contract was merely an order that was then being rolled into Nissan’s production queue. Once that stage was complete our dealer said we should expect to hear from them in about 2 1/2 to 3 months once our vehicle had been delivered. However in our case I received an unexpected call from the dealer about 3-4 weeks after my order. They had called to let me know that our vehicle was scheduled for production soon and there was still time to add a new winter option (if we wanted it) as this option just became available for a heated steering wheel and heated seats. Fortunately the timing of our vehicle order was late enough in Nissan‘s 2011 production year to allow us to add this package.
Overall our Leaf buying experience was positive throughout the entire process from being converted from a reservation holder to a purchaser and new owner.
The only real unforeseen delay in delivery of our Leaf was the Tsunami event of 2011. Since our Leaf was being assembled less than 100 miles from the Fukushima Nuclear plant, our Leaf ended up being delayed for about 3 months after assembly. ie The government authorities required that our Leaf had to be tested for any traces of radioactivity before it was allowed to be shipped. However the long term advantage to our car having this exposure is it always been easy to spot our Leaf in the parking lot - especially at night………that constant glow. LOL

Lastly, if Nissan does apply the Leaf purchase formula I described to that of the Ariya reservation/buying experience, then it would seem to me that anyone ordering a FWD Ariya should feel fortunate if they are actually able to take delivery before Christmas. However that timeline would require that your dealer contacts you and takes your order at least by mid -October (at the very latest).
Update- I just got confirmation from the sales manager of my local Nissan dealer that the Ariya reservation-buying process will be a somewhat modified version of the Leaf reservation buying process I described earlier. ie Nissan dealers will have at least one Ariya on their lot for reservation holders to test drive before the dealer places the customers (limited to reservation holders only) final order configuration with Nissan. However reservation holders who elected to sign the binding commitment agreement with Nissan prior to IRA legislation becoming law will not be asked to provide an additional deposit when placing their final configuration order.
Unfortunately as of today Nissan has yet to confirm with my dealer that the Ariya earmarked as their demo has been assembled yet. This new information would lead me to believe that even if Nissan were to alert my dealer tomorrow with a VIN number for their demo Ariya it’s likely they won’t have on their lot until late October or early November. That said I’m thinking we won’t be placing a final order for our Ariya until some time in November …….. which indicates to me a 2023 delivery date for my FWD Ariya order.

·
2023 Nissan Ariya
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Any update information is much appreciated. Thanks Online it says Nissan has 1082 U.S Dealers. My dealer only has 2 reservations. It makes you wonder if dealers with reservations will get first cars .Giving all dealers cars doesnt make sense since they cannot fill demand? Just guessing?? But still appreciate your info maybe other people will have updates from other dealers///

·
94 Posts
Any update information is much appreciated. Thanks Online it says Nissan has 1082 U.S Dealers. My dealer only has 2 reservations. It makes you wonder if dealers with reservations will get first cars .Giving all dealers cars doesnt make sense since they cannot fill demand? Just guessing?? But still appreciate your info maybe other people will have updates from other dealers///
It would be interesting to discover, of the 1082 U.S. Nissan dealers, how many are actually EV certified. I would also be interested to learn how many nationwide dealers actually have reservation holders directing Ariyas to them? Regardless it is my understanding that Nissan will require all their EV certified dealers to have at least one Ariya available to test drive before the dealer can submit their customer/reservation holders final order. If that holds true then hopefully the first round of Ariyas earmarked for the dealers will be heading stateside soon.

·
27 Posts

I hope you aren't calling me entitled. I'm not asking nissan to sell me a car at the price I want. If that were the case, I'd be offering $1.
No, my offer for the car is the price Nissan has suggested. The dealer is the greedy party here, but no need to cry for me. I don't need a new car, but I feel for those who do and can't pony up another $3k for "chip shortage" pricing.

·
27 Posts
Update- I just got confirmation from the sales manager of my local Nissan dealer that the Ariya reservation-buying process will be a somewhat modified version of the Leaf reservation buying process I described earlier. ie Nissan dealers will have at least one Ariya on their lot for reservation holders to test drive before the dealer places the customers (limited to reservation holders only) final order configuration with Nissan. However reservation holders who elected to sign the binding commitment agreement with Nissan prior to IRA legislation becoming law will not be asked to provide an additional deposit when placing their final configuration order.
Unfortunately as of today Nissan has yet to confirm with my dealer that the Ariya earmarked as their demo has been assembled yet. This new information would lead me to believe that even if Nissan were to alert my dealer tomorrow with a VIN number for their demo Ariya it’s likely they won’t have on their lot until late October or early November. That said I’m thinking we won’t be placing a final order for our Ariya until some time in November …….. which indicates to me a 2023 delivery date for my FWD Ariya order.
did they say anything on whether those who signed the "binding commitment" will be getting the $7500?

·
27 Posts
People don’t understand supply and demand. When a dealer gets 3 leafs a quarter instead of 50 they’re gonna get marked up to cover operating expenses. Jeez. Just don’t buy one now.
Well, fortunately my local supermarkets and grocers and Costco's didn't charge me an extra $5 per toilet paper during the TP shortage.
I guess they didn't understand supply and demand either, aka price gouging :rolleyes:

·
18 Posts
Well, fortunately my local supermarkets and grocers and Costco's didn't charge me an extra $5 per toilet paper during the TP shortage.
I guess they didn't understand supply and demand either, aka price gouging :rolleyes:
how do you know that? There is no manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price on the manufacturer’s website…

On the other hand, if more people were working instead of whining endlessly, we wouldn’t be having this conversation

·
27 Posts
how do you know that? There is no manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price on the manufacturer’s website…

On the other hand, if more people were working instead of whining endlessly, we wouldn’t be having this conversation
1. I was talking about the Leaf. It does have an MSRP, and dealers were adding $3-5k on top of MSRP.
2. You make lots of assumptions about other people's work ethic. I can afford the car just fine tyvm.

·
18 Posts
1. I was talking about the Leaf. It does have an MSRP, and dealers were adding $3-5k on top of MSRP.
2. You make lots of assumptions about other people's work ethic. I can afford the car just fine tyvm.
1. you were talking about toilet paper in Costco in the post I quoted you.
2.I don’t need to make any assumptions - I see that majority of the people are entitled and complaining about pretty much everything- such as having to press a pedal on the Ariya to bring the car to a stop… makes me wonder how we ever survived as humans by having to press a pedal for the car to stop.

And yes, 2+2=4.You can’t produce 3 potatoes and eat six.There are no assumptions here. Basic 1st grade math - although it used to be first grade. Now the majority of university graduates need to ask Siri, yet they expect 100k out of the box for pressing buttons on keyboards.

what’s infront of us is way worse, just the entitled refuse (or don’t have the intellectual capacity) to understand it.

The cheap Asian slavery labor that fuelled the handicap society that we created is history. It’s time to pay the bill.

·
11 Posts
2.I don’t need to make any assumptions - I see that majority of the people are entitled and complaining about pretty much everything- such as having to press a pedal on the Ariya to bring the car to a stop… makes me wonder how we ever survived as humans by having to press a pedal for the car to stop.
:rolleyes:
This is forum specifically for talking about the Ariya, a place to bitch about the pedal, the spare tire, the dealer pricing, etc. If you want to bitch and complain about entitlement, macro-economics, or telling kids to get off your lawn, that's fine, you do you, but maybe pick a better venue like Facebook, Twitter or plenty of other options for you to take advantage of.

·
18 Posts
:rolleyes:
This is forum specifically for talking about the Ariya, a place to bitch about the pedal, the spare tire, the dealer pricing, etc. If you want to bitch and complain about entitlement, macro-economics, or telling kids to get off your lawn, that's fine, you do you, but maybe pick a better venue like Facebook, Twitter or plenty of other options for you to take advantage of.
So it’s ok for people to bitch about a pedal, but it’s not ok to bitch about a people who bitch about a pedal?
OK Putin!

·
4 Posts
I just thought I'd defuse the discussion. I've owned Infinitis for 15 years and have found them to be reliable and a good product. Now that I'm interested in an EV, I find Infiniti does not have one but I can get the Ariya and stay with the company knowing the quality I've experienced. I test drove a Tesla a few weeks ago and they were gracious enough to let me drive 30 miles back to my house so my wife could experience the car. My wife has Parkinson's disease and it is very difficult for her to get in and out of a car. But with our Infiniti, we have grab bars above the windows and she boosts herself into the car with these grab bars. Well, the Tesla does not have them. She loved the feel of the Tesla, the smooth ride, etc. but she ruled it out because she couldn't get in or out comfortably.

I just wanted to tell this story because we all purchase autos for some personal reason; whether it's the ride, the braking, the color, etc. It is a big investment and everyone's reason is important to them. So, let people vent on this Forum, and remember their reason for wanting or not wanting an Ariya is a personal choice. Mine seems very trivial but staying with a Nissan so my wife can get in and out as best as she can is important to us. Are there other cars with this feature? Sure, but we've focussed on this particular car and we await our turn to test drive it and make our decision on a color and trim. We are not that fortunate to have a reservation yet, but we look forward to seeing one and putting in our order. Have a nice day everyone!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts