Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
81 Posts
Another big plus is the Ariya comes with a sunroof that actually opens and has a sunshade. What use is a sunroof you won't see as a driver, doesn't provide a nice breeze, but does allow for sunburn? Looking at you Tesla.
I think it's a way to get more headroom in lower-profile cars by not having a headliner. Might even be easier to assemble.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I was able to take the Ariya for a (20m) test drive yesterday and can unfortunately confirm e-Pedal has creep, and I was unable to find an option in the settings to disable it. There's an e-Pedal menu section but the only thing there was whether to remember e-Pedal setting mode (when restarting the car).

Coming from a Leaf (42kwh), I was impressed with the build quality and finish. The drive was good, though 20 minutes is not enough to tell. The increased size and weight of the car was noticeable especially when accelerating from 0. I'm sightly disappointed because it's basically as fast as the Leaf, though it does pack more punch when already in motion. Sports mode didn't seems to affect acceleration.

The seats and steering wheel are a big step up from the Leaf, really nice. The instrument cluster and steering wheel buttons took some getting used to (different layout). Propilot seems improved in terms of lane centering, but it did take some wrong turns (due to awkward street markings, I don't blame the car) where the Leaf typically copes better. I suspect the Leaf is a bit more "lazy" in it's automatic steering while the Ariya is more assertive.

·
28 Posts
I was able to take the Ariya for a (20m) test drive yesterday and can unfortunately confirm e-Pedal has creep, and I was unable to find an option in the settings to disable it. There's an e-Pedal menu section but the only thing there was whether to remember e-Pedal setting mode (when restarting the car).
Such a disappointment. So close to being a great EV Crossover -- maybe the best EV crossover -- and then Nissan misses on a key aspect that helps make EV's great -- an aspect that they nailed so perfectly in the Nissan Leaf.

Where did you get to test drive it? Are you located in Europe? Did the model you drove have e4orce?

·
19 Posts
The Ariya "e-pedal" is NOT a true "one-pedal" function. You cannot drive anywhere without using the brake pedal.
Essentially, it is the same as the Leaf in the "B" drive mode with both the e-pedal and eco modes off.

I've had both 2018 and 2020 Leafs, I always use e-pedal.

I just participated in the Ariya "Ride and Drive" program. I assure you, It'll require a bit of subconscious retaining if you've been driving a 2018..2023 Leaf. You'll creep forward or roll backward on hills into another car unless you remember to push a little "hold" icon on the drivers video screen. I didn't have time to fiddle with the "hold" feature so as to fully understand it's function as my time with the car was up.

Maybe someone can have a chance to test it in detail or find a detailed explanation of the function somewhere. I don't suppose the manual is available yet. ???

·
15 Posts
I'm curious to find out if you are using ProPilot whether the car will be brought to a full stop. Logically it should as it has been doing up to this point, but maybe not with the Ariya.

·
19 Posts
I'm curious to find out if you are using ProPilot whether the car will be brought to a full stop. Logically it should as it has been doing up to this point, but maybe not with the Ariya.
That's a darn good question. There is ProPilot and ProPilot2. How do they function when the car in front stops? The Leafs come to a complete stop when in the Pilot mode without having to use the break pedal.

·
18 Posts
That's a darn good question. There is ProPilot and ProPilot2. How do they function when the car in front stops? The Leafs come to a complete stop when in the Pilot mode without having to use the break pedal.
I went to a drive event and the sales person said on ProPilot it will come to a complete stop and automatically restart if traffic moves within 30 seconds. Any longer that 30 seconds and pro pilot turns off and you have to manually move forward.

·
19 Posts
Unless Ariya's ProPilot is very different than the Leaf's, it's not intended to be used for ordinary city driving. Even the manual says this. And, I found it a bit scary when closing on a stopped car. Bottom-line: It's intended to be used as a "driver assist" on highways.
I don't know anything about Propilot2; maybe it's different.

·
5 Posts
I have a 2018 Leaf and recently ordered the Ariya because it matches my requirements, I love the looks and I'm very happy with the Leaf.

After watching the various first drive reviews, one thing really baffled me: e-Pedal has creep on the Ariya. That's a regression compared to the Leaf because it means the Ariya can't actually do one pedal driving. Why even call it e-Pedal then?!

I really really hope Nissan will allow us to disable creep using a software setting (like it is on my brother's Polestar 2) because I absolutely love one pedal driving. It's like they didn't even consider their existing customer base when designing the Ariya.

Absolutely ridiculous, I'm considering cancelling the order.
he is so correct on my 2020 Leaf e-pedal is a dream and I love the 1 pedal driving on traffic MUST HAVE ON ARIYA! I may just keep
My Leaf. Sincerely UPSET Customer

·
19 Posts
If you have a Leaf and are considering an Ariya, try driving your Leaf around town with e-pedal and e-con both off, and in the B driving mode, not the D mode.

Be super careful as it is dangerous as hell if you've been using the Leaf e-mode, especially if you stop on up or down hills.

·
5 Posts
If you have a Leaf and are considering an Ariya, try driving your Leaf around town with e-pedal and e-con both off, and in the B driving mode, not the D mode.

Be super careful as it is dangerous as hell if you've been using the Leaf e-mode, especially if you stop on up or down hills.
Thank you and - so sad - just drove literally 10 miles around town in my 2020 SL Plus and did not touch the brake pedal while in e-pedal once - so great!
Reached out Nissan - no stop e-pedal or e-step - ARIYA DEAL BREAKER - I will stay with my little amazing 🍁

·
3 Posts
I have just test-driven the Ariya today and was not happy that the use of the e-pedal does not bring you to a stop. My only thinking of this function being removed is to force drivers to brake and trigger the auto hold function. But the smoothness of the e-pedal was good compared to a leaf, however, I am not sure I can get as excited about the Ariya as I once used to be until the e-pedal becomes a tru 1 pedal drive again.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts