Nissan Ariya Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
152 Posts
I have just test-driven the Ariya today and was not happy that the use of the e-pedal does not bring you to a stop. My only thinking of this function being removed is to force drivers to brake and trigger the auto hold function. But the smoothness of the e-pedal was good compared to a leaf, however, I am not sure I can get as excited about the Ariya as I once used to be until the e-pedal becomes a tru 1 pedal drive again.
Were there any other issues/concerns that you had on your test drive @AndyBushman? Or is the e-pedal your only one?

·
62 Posts
Surprisingly I didn't hate the lack of 1-pedal. I am very used to 1PD in my Teslas and Mach-E and also NON-1PD in my MINI electric and ID.4 (sold).

On the obstacle course in Orlando, I actually preferred NON regen. I guess I'm used to low regen with my MINI SE and so the brake pedal isn't foreign to me. 1PD is great but in some cars I prefer low/no-regen. Tesla 1PD is so refined (brake pedal is optional) but the regen on the MINI is rough and personally rather drive without it.

·
17 Posts
All we want is e-pedal like in the Leaf. It can be turned on and off with a switch.

Incidentally, regen dramatically improves your range and miles/kw. And, increases brake pads and brake parts life by at least 10 times.

·
62 Posts
All we want is e-pedal like in the Leaf. It can be turned on and off with a switch.

Incidentally, regen dramatically improves your range and miles/kw. And, increases brake pads and brake parts life by at least 10 times.
In city stop-and-go driving yes. On highways, no.

I want Hyundai + Kia regen paddles... including their auto-regen system where it disables regen on the highway when it detects no cars nearby.

·
17 Posts
In city stop-and-go driving yes. On highways, no.

I want Hyundai + Kia regen paddles... including their auto-regen system where it disables regen on the highway when it detects no cars nearby.
Highways are the one place where regen does the most good. e.g. you're going 60mph and need to stop. Thus, your car needs to absorb the energy needed to slow from 60 to near stop. It can only do this in 3 ways: Friction brake pads, regen [motor becomes a generator] and puts current back into your main battery, or air and running-gear friction [going from 60 to near stop can take at least a mile]

I respectfullly suggest you do a little research on your assertion "auto-regen system where it disables regen on the highway when it detects no cars nearby." No car does this because it does't make and sense.

·
62 Posts
Highways are the one place where regen does the most good. e.g. you're going 60mph and need to stop. Thus, your car needs to absorb the energy needed to slow from 60 to near stop. It can only do this in 3 ways: Friction brake pads, regen [motor becomes a generator] and puts current back into your main battery, or air and running-gear friction [going from 60 to near stop can take at least a mile]

I respectfullly suggest you do a little research on your assertion "auto-regen system where it disables regen on the highway when it detects no cars nearby." No car does this because it does't make and sense.
Auto regen is a mode in the Ioniq 5 and EV6. Not sure you’ve done your research.

Second, converting physical energy to electrical energy then back to physical energy is super wasteful. Coasting is more efficient.

Besides, no EV actually uses 100% brakes they all use regen first when slowing down when you tap the brakes. It’s just pointless on the highway to trigger regen when you want to coast.

·
26 Posts
Oddly enough.... at the same time mark (10:20) in the video below (the link should jump you to that mark), Kelly Blue Book reviews it and it looks like Nissan has changed the labelling of "ePedal" to have it say "eStep" in the US version. Alas, no one pedal driving.

·
6 Posts
I posted that video on August 3rd to this thread. Folks just think he is mistaken and tapped the brake reflexively. Everybody else on this forum who says they have done a "Ride and Drive" event says it won't come to a stop.
Whoops, you sure did! Sorry, I saw it in the other thread, but clearly didn't pay attention here 🙃
Still sad to see they've done away with this.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts