Nissan Ariya Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Probably the Ariya. Still waiting for them to show the id.4. But I want over the air updates, power lift gate, some sort of self driving, and leather :)
The ID.4 is going to be very interesting. VW has a lot invested in the ID lineup but I've read they've had some issues finishing up areas like software.

·
4 Posts
I have narrowed my choices down further over time. My list is now down to the ID.4 and the Ariya. I scratched the Model 3 off the list because I don't feel Tesla has enough service centers to make me comfortable I can get reasonably fast turnaround if the car needs to be serviced. I scratched the Mach E because I was not impressed by the leaked initial EPA range estimates for the extended range model and I also am not fond of the tablet screen.

Between the Ariya and ID.4, I am leaning ID.4. Firstly, I believe the ID.4 will arrive sooner (first Quarter 2021) and I am anxious to my purchase completed. I fear the Ariya's roll out would place it in my hands in early 2022. Secondly, I am impressed with Volkswagen's decision to go all in on EVs. They appear to invested in the MEB platform and are rolling out their ID line of cars efficiently. The also are rolling out a broader line of EVs through their interests in Audi, Porsche, Skoda, etc. Whatever is motivating them (e.g., emissions scandal), there is a certain commitment level with the VW Group. The interior space is impressive and they also are throwing in three years of free fast charging at Electrify America charge stations. Finally, the creature comforts I can get for the amount I am willing to spend are pretty extensive on the ID.4 (glass roof w/retractable shade, heated seats, massage seats, kick activated tail-gate, etc. It won't be as sporty a performer as the Ariya, but I am not looking for sporty.

The on only way I will shift back towards the Ariya is if the electronic/infotainment issues that the ID.3 came with have not been resolved in the ID.4 by the time the Ariya becomes available.

·
12 Posts
My Criteria:
1. At least 300 miles of range per EPA rating (this should give me at least 200 miles at 70 in winter).
2. Strong preference for hatchback, on the smaller side. Model S is too big for me.
3. Preference for android auto and heads up display
4. Reasonable self driving capability. I'm happy to need to pay attention
5. Charging curve that maintains full charging speed until at least 70% and charges at at least 150kw
6. A bit nicer interior than my Chevy Bolt.
7. Traditional dashboard (don't like the center screen only on the Y

My order of preference:
1. Ariya (I might put money down especially if a the rebate looks to be on the table and price is OK).
2. Cadillac Lyriq (Interesting car, a bit fancy for me)
3. Tesla Model Y (this may move up if a CCS adapter is developed)
4. BMW ix (I like station wagons....need to see more specs)
5. Maybe a Model S or Lucid (I could probably swing the price, but don't like the idea of spending that much on a car)

As I've said in other threads I'm a bit biased against Chinese batteries/cars because of quality concerns and following battery fire/reliability issues for all battery manufacturers.

·
1 Posts
My possible EV's. All are in the running. Possible purchase in late 2021/Early 2022.

Ariya - tech looks to be better than the ID4 (USA).

ID4 - Have a reservation for this one, but no heat pump for US and missing some tech that is available in other countries.

Tesla Model Y - goes the furthest and hopefully quality control issues are corrected by 2022.

Ioniq 5 - We'll see. Hope, size wise, it's bigger than Kona and closer to those above.

Audi Q4 - Looks the best so far, but probably out of my price range, unless I can get one used by 2022.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts