Nissan Ariya Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
10 Posts
I ended up just getting a 2020 Kia Niro EV. Premium with cold weather package and I'm very happy. Has the heat pump, a much lovelier infotainment screen than I was expecting, heated and ventilated seats, sunroof, heated steering wheel, mood lighting, android auto, pretty much everything I wanted. A bigger battery and AWD would have been nice, but probably would have been pricy anyhow on the Ariya and there's some good deals going around on the Niro. I'll see how this goes for the next 3 years and then see where the EV market is at that point.

·
8 Posts
I ended up just getting a 2020 Kia Niro EV.
I have a Niro PHEV and it’s a great little car. But I’d like to replace my second car - a gas guzzler - with a somewhat larger BEV. My concern with the Ariya is how real is it? The ID.4 is here now. So is the Mach-E. There have been reveals and a huge amount of chatter on the Ioniq5 and EV6 forums. This forum has hardly any recent posts. Seems like Nissan isn’t interested in keeping up with their electric competition.

·
7 Posts
I have a Niro PHEV and it’s a great little car. But I’d like to replace my second car - a gas guzzler - with a somewhat larger BEV. My concern with the Ariya is how real is it? The ID.4 is here now. So is the Mach-E. There have been reveals and a huge amount of chatter on the Ioniq5 and EV6 forums. This forum has hardly any recent posts. Seems like Nissan isn’t interested in keeping up with their electric competition.
You may be on to something 4GO. Nissan "Claims" the Ariya will start selling in Japan in a couple of Months. Let's see if the chatter picks up after in regards to an official US release date 🤞:unsure:.

·
5 Posts
I'm closing watching for the Volvo C40. I recently test drove the XC40 Recharge, as it is very similar in many aspects to the upcoming C40. The test drive went well. However, I recently found out that Volvo's infotainment system, which is android automotive, relies on a digital services package included in the vehicle's price. This package has a 4 year life, after which one must pay a yet unannounced amount to keep the services going. If one does not pay, certain infotainment features are effectively removed from the car.

I sincerely hope that this business model of disabling features if you don't pay up down the road is not a common theme among EV manufacturers. Can anyone comment on whether other manufacturers are using a similar tactic ?

Dave

41 - 45 of 45 Posts