Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed reservations (note the plural) for FWD and AWD.

Since I could not make up my mind between FWD and AWD, I ended up placing 2x deposits.
FWD: I saw some reviews stating the Northern Lights Metallic looks really nice in person (Only availablef for PREMIERE), so I placed a reservation for this trim/color.
AWD: I will go with this if I want the sub 5 sec 0-60 and hopefully better driving dynamics.

I've driving Nissan Leaf since 2014 (on my second one), although not perfect, I still like the car. Ariya will be a larger car and hopefully much better in all aspects.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @James Abbe! Do you need AWD for bad weather or are you interested just for driving dynamics? Also, did you consider any other EVs before placing your reservation?
Yes, I have a reservation for Lucid Air (Pure), just because it seems to be the most advanced EV currently available. However it's a bit too large (I currently drive a Leaf) and somewhat expensive. I will make up my mind after test driving both, in the end I still have almost a year to decide. Mainly placing the reservation to be early in the queue.
Also ID.4 was on my list but canceled my reservation (pre-order) after test driving the RWD edition early this year. As for Ariya AWD I just wanted to see how a quick acceleration feels. I've always compared EV to Tesla and at least wanted to own a quick car once. Maybe in the future I will realize it's not necessary but I do like the acceleration from stop from my Leaf and just want to try something more powerful. As for weather, no, I leave in CA and don't need AWD unless I drive to Lake Tahoe in the winter, which I have another car for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.