Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
1 Posts
See Nissan ARIYA PREMIERE Reservation | Nissan USA and wow, they are a lot higher than I was expecting for Ariya. For Fall 2022 delivery. I think Ariya is no longer on my list now.
Hi Michael.. Over here in UK we have not got a list for pre orders. I was looking at getting one for the early new year but the only time that it has seen the light of day over here was at an electric car show. Other than that we have not seen it. Nissan have put some adverts in car magazines saying how brilliant it will be, but nothing else.
To be honest I am fed up with waiting for the car so I have got a new model Qashqui (I think it is the Rouge over your side of the pond) coming next month, and enjoy that instead.

·
7 Posts
The big question is what dealers will actually sell your preorder to you for? The Ioniq 5 reservation holders are seeing $5K over MSRP or more with inventory cars that are pre-configured.

I have an ID.4 on order for over 7 months and they are now saying mid-2022 for delivery. VW dealers are pretty much sticking to MSRP with maybe the doc fee being extra.

The Ariya is looking better every moment. Especially if the price is fixed at no more than MSRP.

·
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2014 Corvette Stingray
30 Posts
The big question is what dealers will actually sell your preorder to you for? The Ioniq 5 reservation holders are seeing $5K over MSRP or more with inventory cars that are pre-configured.

I have an ID.4 on order for over 7 months and they are now saying mid-2022 for delivery. VW dealers are pretty much sticking to MSRP with maybe the doc fee being extra.

The Ariya is looking better every moment. Especially if the price is fixed at no more than MSRP.
I hope there isn't a markup as well. For the Mach E the forum compiled a list of dealerships that weren't charging a markup and/or honoring different discount plans which caused some folks to switch their chosen dealership on their online order. I was able to get my ordered Mach E below MSRP because the dealership honored the discount plan for it. I have very high hopes for this car and I hope dealerships don't go crazy (and that interest on car loans isn't too crazy by next year due to inflation). As we get further in the process I will probably call my chosen dealership and ask about a markup.

·
16 Posts
Cool ....thanks for the info! Now i needs to find out which dealer sell at msrp.
Right you are!
I just checked with the "chat" rep who said the Ariya MSRP was a "starting point" for the price!

So, after passing up the few other EV models which will be on the market before the Ariya, a customer could end up getting an unpleasant surprise from the Ariya dealer after learning that his wait will be rewarded with an extra $$$ markup.

·
73 Posts
IMO, one should always have a set maximum price before arriving at the dealership. If the dealership won't go below that price, walk away. There are other dealerships and other cars. As a side note, always negotiate on price, not payment. Payment can be adjusted later when negotiating the terms of the loan.

·
16 Posts
IMO, one should always have a set maximum price before arriving at the dealership. If the dealership won't go below that price, walk away. There are other dealerships and other cars. As a side note, always negotiate on price, not payment. Payment can be adjusted later when negotiating the terms of the loan.
What you say are sound principles. However, the EV new car market now is unique with high demand and few choices, as we know.

·
73 Posts
What you say are sound principles. However, the EV new car market now is unique with high demand and few choices, as we know.
Right now, that maximum price you're willing to buy at might be a bit above MSRP, but you should still have a maximum. Without that you run the risk of ending up with a really bad deal, or worse, a deal you can't really afford.

Imagine if someone had suggested you pay more than MSRP for a car 3 years ago ... :D We live in a strange world these days.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.