Nissan Ariya Forum banner

Questions about trim levels changes from 2022 to 2023. ( I test drove and cancelled)

5K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  EarlyEVadopter 
#1 ·
I reserved Venture+ last year when reservation opened and my car was ready 2-3 days back. I test drove it today and then declined to buy it.

When I reserved last year, Venture+ was NOT basic trim. I forgot the name of other trims but Venture+ was one level above basic. I can't find details since now more trims are available for 2023 (Engage, Evolve, Premier, ..... not all of those were available in 2022 during reservation).

Drive was good but Venture+ is the very basic trim no.

I cancelled because:
No driver side power seat.
No 360 camera (bird's eye view)
No power button for trunk. It was manual only
No floor mats
No cargo cover above the small ditch
No movable center console

As I said, drive was good and Propilot was good in taking turns on freeway (of course, at least one hand should be on steering).

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like you should have picked Evolve+, no foot control for trunk but opens with FOB which is easy enough. My sister has a foot control on her nissan Rogue says it is a pain to sometimes trigger. I enjoy my Evolve+ more every day.The trims and cost were clearly spelled out. My top 3 things were Memory seats for 2 drivers since we now share car. A/C -Heat in back for grandkid also works great, 360 view camera works especially good pulling into Garage with warning on surroundings and when to stop. You could always check dealers for Cancelled Reservation. Good Luck!

#4 ·
During reservation time, the trim levels available were the Venture+ Evolve+, Premiere, and Platinum+. The Engage/Engage+ and the Empower+ I didn't notice on Nissan's website until after reservations were closed. The Empower trim level seems similar to Premiere, and I think Engage is similar to Evolve

#5 ·
I don't have screenshot of trims available during reservation. My friend and I both reserved Venture+ in Jan/Feb 2022. Both of us are sure that Ventrure+ was one level above the base level AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION.

Even the dealership manager agreed that 2 people cancelled the Venture+ for exactly same reason.

I am pretty sure that power driver seat, power liftgate, birds eye view were all listed at that time in Venture+.

I cancelled because I was expecting all this in the price I was quoted.

If anyone have screenshot of trims/features during reservation, please share.

#9 ·
Knowing what I know today after driving for 4 days, I really don’t care for those features you mentioned. I can live without those. However, I love my Evolve+ especially with the panoramic moonroof which is something I use a lot.

So what will you do now? Cancel your order entirely, or upgrade to the Evolve +? If you decide to keep your Venture+ order, I will donate you my carpeted floor mats. Mine already came with rugged rubber floor mats courtesy from Tustin Nissan.

#12 ·
Whatever you do don’t cancel your reservation before you get a definitive answer from Nissan if they will allow you to convert your Venture + reservation to Evolve+. As I see it there are two things at stake for you. #1. Once you cancel your reservation you will automatically forfeit your reservation credit of $1240.00. #2. According to Nissan when I explored converting my Evolve + FWD reservation to an Evolve+ AWD trim last September, I was told I would have to cancel my reservation and reorder. (but that was for an AWD trim that still isn’t available ) In that scenario if I chose to cancel my reservation, that cancellation would automatically trigger a potential issue for my EV tax credit eligibility.
Regardless please let us know if Nissan will allow you to change your trim level now that the reservations are closed.

#19 ·
From the above list, I did not notice the lack of any cargo offer when I picked up my Venture+ order. I was very disappointed later that a ~$50k does not come with such an important accessory. I do not miss the other items much. I got Amazon basic floor mats for $60 that fit very well. I use Google map and Apple Car Play instead of native navigation. But I do not understand why the massive fixed center console does not have any usable deep storage space. Accessing the USB ports under it is very awkward.
I charged the car for the first time recently. In a fast charging station, I was able to charge at the rate of 75KWH (why not 150KWH as advertised). Then it gradually dropped to 35KWH after 80% full. The Audi e-tron next to me showed starting 100KWH rate at the beginning.

From the above list, I did not notice the lack of any cargo offer when I picked up my Venture+ order. I was very disappointed later that a ~$50k does not come with such an important accessory. I do not miss the other items much. I got Amazon basic floor mats for $60 that fit very well. I use Google map and Apple Car Play instead of native navigation. But I do not understand why the massive fixed center console does not have any usable deep storage space. Accessing the USB ports under it is very awkward.

I charged the car for the first time recently. In a fast charging station, I was able to charge at the rate of 75KWH (why not 150KWH as advertised). Then the charging rate gradually dropped to 35KWH after 80% full. The Audi e-tron next to me showed starting 100KWH charging rate at the beginning.

#20 ·
I charged the car for the first time recently. In a fast charging station, I was able to charge at the rate of 75KWH (why not 150KWH as advertised). Then it gradually dropped to 35KWH after 80% full. The Audi e-tron next to me showed starting 100KWH rate at the beginning.

I charged the car for the first time recently. In a fast charging station, I was able to charge at the rate of 75KWH (why not 150KWH as advertised). Then the charging rate gradually dropped to 35KWH after 80% full. The Audi e-tron next to me showed starting 100KWH charging rate at the beginning.
I suspect you may not have known that during the colder months you need to get into the preheat setting menu and heat the battery up 30 minutes before attempting to fast charge? The max charge rate Nissan claims is 130KW. However the fastest charging speed anyone has reported to date is around 115KW, and those charging sessions were performed during ideal charging temps. A 35KW charge rate once it reaches 80% SOC sounds about right though.

#21 ·
I have used battery pre-heating capability but the max I have received is 65-73KW in 150KW fast chargers in MA in temps ranging from 30-50F all the way from 10-80% SOC.
Also I charge with the power on and turning on/off auto heat did not change the charging speed much.

#26 ·
How much extra were you willing to pay for those items? Powered seat seems a luxury but maybe that's the new standard?
Hey dirk, not sure how likely you are to hear back from that guy since it's a 6 month old post, but yeah I think he made a mistake on his Ariya reservation.

The "luxury" of the Venture+ trim level is longest range, full stop. Almost everything that adds weight, aside from the big battery and two or three token amenities has been removed, to put EPA range over 300* miles and allow Nissan's marketing department to use that magically asterisked number in their advertising. Floor mats? 15 pounds, FFS. Gone. Gee that was easy let's keep going. Liftgate motor? Glove box motor? Power seat motor? Center console motor? Weight, weight, weight, weight. All gone, for more range. Wouldn't be surprised if it's louder inside, too, with a couple dozen pounds of sound deadening foam/fill removed from inside the chassis. At least it still has power windows... I bet window cranks were heavier :p

#27 ·
I originally reserved a Venture+ mainly because of the 300+ miles EPA range. However, after seeing and test driving the Ariya first hand in Pomona, I immediately switched to Evolve+ for ~$2.5k more with all the added features and small range loss to 289 miles. Glad I made the 2-hour trip to Pomona and upgraded.

#29 ·
To be honest, I reserved the Premiere trim because I wanted the copper exterior! 😆 I was tempted by the bells, whistles, and creature comforts of the Platinum AWD trim, but it was only available to reserve in black, white, red, or grey. But then there was that red shortage, and suddenly other colors were made available, including the copper! Oh, well...

#32 ·
Now, comes another question: will the all weather mats add more or less weight than carpeted ones? With road condition less optimum, tires inflated less than 41psi making the range less to get better ride?
I think one must have made some trade off decision somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.