Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
With an available adapter, you can charge a non Tesla EV at a Tesla charger. The only question may be payment. With the Tesla app, the cost of charging is automatically charged to your account. Here is the info on the adapter.

RELIABLE AND FUNCTIONAL - The Lectron-Tesla to J1772 Adapter is designed to connect J1772-supporting plugs to Tesla chargers. With our adapter, customers with J1772 Electric Vehicles can now enjoy Tesla charging stations anywhere.
With an available adapter, you can charge a non Tesla EV at a Tesla charger. The only question may be payment. With the Tesla app, the cost of charging is automatically charged to your account. Here is the info on the adapter.

RELIABLE AND FUNCTIONAL - The Lectron-Tesla to J1772 Adapter is designed to connect J1772-supporting plugs to Tesla chargers. With our adapter, customers with J1772 Electric Vehicles can now enjoy Tesla charging stations anywhere.
That's only for the lower speed Level 2 Tesla chargers. It's impossible to charge anything other than a Tesla at a high speed supercharger.
That's only for the lower speed Level 2 Tesla chargers. It's impossible to charge anything other than a Tesla at a high speed supercharger.
What's the definition of "lower speed Level 2" in sentence 1? If that is more than 50Amp, that would exceed most EVgo chargers near me and I would be delighted.
What's the definition of "lower speed Level 2" in sentence 1? If that is more than 50Amp, that would exceed most EVgo chargers near me and I would be delighted.
L2 is what you would install at home for overnight charging. They're usually around 32-40A, topping out at 48A. I think the current Ariya trims top out at 32A in the if what they can handle from L2.

High speed DC charging (like the superchargers) would be rated by kilowatts (kW) rather than amps. They are usually 50kW or higher - around 10x or more what the L2 rates are. I think Ariya tops out at 130kW.
Is the 30A a typo that should be 130A, 3rd sentence? I think 130A max is what I read somewhere in all the stuff I have for my 2023 PREMIERE, but of course I can't find that reference when I want it.:rolleyes:
Is the 30A a typo that should be 130A, 3rd sentence? I think 130A max is what I read somewhere in all the stuff I have for my 2023 PREMIERE, but of course I can't find that reference when I want it.:rolleyes:
No, but I did correct it to 32A. And I corrected the high speed DC rate to 130kW.
  • Helpful
Reactions: 1
Go Biden Go!

If Tesla opens up their SC network, their EV sales will plummet because that’s the only thing holding them up is the SC network.

This is true. You can not use there super charger though
1 - 10 of 10 Posts