Nissan Ariya Forum banner

The Jury Is In... Truth Time..

888 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Ariya Baby
Finally,
An Honest Overall Assessment..
It's a little long... but worth a watch if you have the time.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Saw this one a while back and think it's a good overview of the Venture+ specifically. Some of his complaints are specific to that trim. The paint information is interesting, but I never have my cars detailed that way, so ... interesting but not super relevant for me. One has to filter according to specs, use, and trim.
Saw this one a while back and think it's a good overview of the Venture+ specifically. Some of his complaints are specific to that trim. The paint information is interesting, but I never have my cars detailed that way, so ... interesting but not super relevant for me. One has to filter according to specs, use, and trim.
Pretty favorable review of the Ariya overall. Better than any GM vehicle for sure.
Pretty favorable review of the Ariya overall. Better than any GM vehicle for sure.
Compare this new YT review (screen shot attached) with the same reviewer and now Coleton is really negative on Ariya seeming to allow Kyle Connor to skew his previous perspective and the in depth review he did on the Venture+ What’s bizarre is a separate video that followed with the same two reviewers when test driving the same Platinum + was overall positive. I don’t usually comment on YT videos but did on this one recommending that they take it down.

Attachments

See less See more
I watched their reviews including a long range test for the Ariya yesterday. Kyle says the Ariya has the best ride, interior and looks the best out of the other EV's. Then he says it charges too slow before even doing a charge test. His long range test showed that the Ariya is consistant at 130kwph charging and because it's so consitant, it charges pretty much at the same rate as all the other cars that claim a high rate of charge but, throttle like crazy. Then Klye says its too expensive, but if the car looks the best and rides the best shouldn't it cost more? I think his entire family bought those ID4's and that has a lot to due with his "Opinions". Nissan has been making cars a lot longer than all these new manufactures. I'll stick with what I know works long term.
Reactions: 1
I watched their reviews including a long range test for the Ariya yesterday. Kyle says the Ariya has the best ride, interior and looks the best out of the other EV's. Then he says it charges too slow before even doing a charge test. His long range test showed that the Ariya is consistant at 130kwph charging and because it's so consitant, it charges pretty much at the same rate as all the other cars that claim a high rate of charge but, throttle like crazy. Then Klye says its too expensive, but if the car looks the best and rides the best shouldn't it cost more? I think his entire family bought those ID4's and that has a lot to due with his "Opinions". Nissan has been making cars a lot longer than all these new manufactures. I'll stick with what I know works long term.
I totally agree with every point you make here @Graptor. Not sure what’s going on with Kyle lately but he has recently been quick to jump to many conclusions before doing his due diligence. (Maybe he’s still battling with the fallout from his life crisis relationship with Allyssa?) Take for example the video inside Coletons shop as they rag on the high price of the Platinum + trim compared to Tesla MY dual motor long range and Coletons ID.4 Pro S AWD with big battery. The Platinum + trim in my opinion way overmatches feature to feature compared to either of those. If Kyle or Coleton had actually done their homework they should have actually compared the price point of the Ariya Evolve+ AWD trim. ie both the Tesla MY dual motor in any color other than white is currently priced at $55K. The AWD I’d.4 version that Coleton owns that was often referred to in the recent video will currently set you back $55K as well. IMO the Evole+ AWD is a more suitable trim to compare feature for and the Evolve + e4orce can be had for no more than $56K including the destination fee. Bottom line: I think we must take a step back at times and consider that the car review has much in common with the Amazon review process. So it is up to each of us as potential car buyers to sift through all the highs, lows, along with some unfounded misinformation reviewers are trying to feed us.
See less See more
Exactly, the guy only has 77k subscribers. He has an opinion based around the long haul rides he takes. He wants to dip into a charger put, 15 minutes of charge on it and risk he’ll make it to the next stop. He drives all night and dumps potato chips on the floor and is condescending to which ever lady will put up with him for the ride. The rest of us go on planed trips with our families and plan to stay in hotels with level two chargers and want a comfortable ride. Teslas are beautiful, my son has one, but they are cheaply put together with a crap ride. I get all the fanboys, I’m not downing the car, it is what it is. Empty, basic transportation with one hell of a pull to 60, and the best charging network. I knew exactly what I bought, a dependable EV from Nissan, just like the Leaf I had. I don’t need some internet dude to make the wrong choice for me.
Whether you love or hate the <insert car>, you're going to find a YouTube video supporting your view.

For how expensive a car is, I wish you had a grace period... a couple of days, a week, to try it out on your own. I know there are lemon laws, but that's different from finding out the car isn't exactly what you had hoped for. Logistics and reselling a slightly used car would be a nightmare, so that may not be practical.

Test drives should be longer then. Dealerships should have dedicated tester/loaner vehicles you can reserve for a few days to try out. 30 minutes with a salesman next to you isn't enough time to try out and get the feel for everything.
Reactions: 2
Exactly, the guy only has 77k subscribers. He has an opinion based around the long haul rides he takes. He wants to dip into a charger put, 15 minutes of charge on it and risk he’ll make it to the next stop. He drives all night and dumps potato chips on the floor and is condescending to which ever lady will put up with him for the ride. The rest of us go on planed trips with our families and plan to stay in hotels with level two chargers and want a comfortable ride. Teslas are beautiful, my son has one, but they are cheaply put together with a crap ride. I get all the fanboys, I’m not downing the car, it is what it is. Empty, basic transportation with one hell of a pull to 60, and the best charging network. I knew exactly what I bought, a dependable EV from Nissan, just like the Leaf I had. I don’t need some internet dude to make the wrong choice for me.
I find that he is not always forthcoming on what the manufacturers tell him he can say and not say. When I was watching some of the reviews of the Polestar, other reviewers tended to be more upfront that Polestar did not want them to make comparisons to other brands. He did not which led to a very warm review for P2.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts