Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
18 Posts
I noticed the reservation FAQ mentioning about final pricing, which is based on dealer’s final price. So, are we likely to be charged dealer mark-up when the car arrives?
I pre-qualified the dealer I selected my Ariya to be delivered to with an early email inquiry to the internet sales manager. Essentially I got a pledge in writing stating the sales manager will honor MSRP pricing once it arrives and will not add a second sticker to my vehicle.

·
18 Posts
I live in Olympia,Wa and am working with Heather Ledger the internet sales manager for Bruce Titus Nissan of Olympia. We are repeat customers as had ordered our 2011 Leaf to be delivered to this dealership as well. In our situation was told that typically they would apply a $1500.00 regional market adjustment fee to a new order placed with them. However they pledged in writing to waive the fee since we were repeat customers.

I did have a back up plan in place if my local Olympia dealer wasn’t willing to negotiate selling the Ariya to me at MSRP.
Korum Nissan of Puyallup is quite proud of their current policy of not adding a second sticker to any of their new car sales. I was told that this policy has become so popular and a little overwhelming as of late and that they are now pre-qualifying their customers as Washington State residents.

Something to keep in mind however. My negotiation and discussions with both dealers were done prior to the published news that Nissan is considering cutting dealer margin up to 3% on the Ariya to help offset R&D.

·
18 Posts
You might try contacting the internet sales manager at Lithia Nissan in Fresno. I checked their website and found several discounted 2022 Nissan models in stock. (However I also found a few new Nissans in their inventory with second stickers as well) Regardless now that Ariya reservations have closed, it would be logical to assume that Nissan Dealers nationwide are astute enough to realize that Ariya reservation holders have the ability to funnel their reservation to any Nissan EV certified dealer of their choice at any time prior to delivery. So in these lean times of reduced dealer inventory, Nissan Dealers should be motivated to entice legitimate reservation holders by offering MSRP pricing. ie They’ve got everything to gain since Nissan dealers still make an 11% margin on every Ariya they sell at MSRP with no additional mark up.

·
18 Posts
Anything new of note before the long weekend? I expect not but per another thread on this board, I'm not a markup fan (who is?).

I did pay a $4k markup on a Volvo C40 back in February and ultimately got another grand off due to problems it had, but it still leaves a sour taste. But C40's (vs XC40's) are still so rare it takes out a little of the sting.
The planned pole to pole expedition the Ariya is scheduled to run next year was pretty newsworthy to
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts