Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
16 Posts
I live in Olympia,Wa and am working with Heather Ledger the internet sales manager for Bruce Titus Nissan of Olympia. We are repeat customers as had ordered our 2011 Leaf to be delivered to this dealership as well. In our situation was told that typically they would apply a $1500.00 regional market adjustment fee to a new order placed with them. However they pledged in writing to waive the fee since we were repeat customers.

I did have a back up plan in place if my local Olympia dealer wasn’t willing to negotiate selling the Ariya to me at MSRP.
Korum Nissan of Puyallup is quite proud of their current policy of not adding a second sticker to any of their new car sales. I was told that this policy has become so popular and a little overwhelming as of late and that they are now pre-qualifying their customers as Washington State residents.

Something to keep in mind however. My negotiation and discussions with both dealers were done prior to the published news that Nissan is considering cutting dealer margin up to 3% on the Ariya to help offset R&D.

·
5 Posts
I’ve had no communication from the dealership I chose, and more production delays were announced a few weeks ago. It just seems increasingly unlikely that I’d get an AWD Ariya in 2022, without ADM, and with the $7500 tax incentive. Those were dealbreakers for me.

·
10 Posts
I agree with you 100%. I am getting increasingly frustrated with Nissan on this. Aside from dropping new marketing clips, and sending around the same tired floor models to US car shows, they aren't doing anything to reassure buyers on the product. I reserved a Platinum AWD on day 1 in November and fully expected to have it later this year. I have a 2018 Leaf with over 80K miles (80 mile commute round trip) and I need to trade it in while I still have some value left in it. I will not purchase my Ariya if I have to wait until 2023, pay a dealer markup, or lose out on the $7500 tax credit. And on another note, why isn't Nissan getting these vehicles to the US YouTube car reviewers so they can do full reviews and road tests? Nissan is failing miserably on marketing Ariya to US buyers who are interested in EV's. Everyone has Ionic 5, EV6, Mach-E, ID4, Soltera, and BZ4X on the brain because they are being reviewed and road tested like crazy. Come on Nissan you are losing at this game, BIG TIME! There, that's my two cents as an loyal Nissan customer and someone who is very excited about the Ariya. That excitement is waining, however.

·
3 Posts
I made my reservation in early January (5th) and details have been sparse so far. I've followed-up again with my dealer as they didn't respond to the last two follow-ups. I have $500 in on the Ariya. We currently have a 2018 Leaf and it's great. We also have a Volvo C40 but it's too much money (now that the monthlies are starting to hit us). Also, we had a life changing event 2 weeks after buying the Volvo C40 and it had a $4k ADM ($5k - $1k for recurring loyalty).

Here's our reservation info. I'm hoping this can replace the C40 by January. Question: Do I have to hold the C40 until 1/1/23 to get the $7.5k tax credit or can I sell it before year-end and still be eligible? My CPA didn't know on our '21 TR which is why we held the '21 Subaru Crosstrek PHEV until January this year.

Model:Nissan ARIYA VENTURE+, FWD
Battery:LONG
Exterior color:Boulder Gray Pearl / Black Diamond Metallic
Interior color:Charcoal

·
3 Posts
Well, the dealer responded this time, yayyyy, but nothing we don't already know:

As of right now the Ariya is looking like deliveries will be beginning in the fall. Once I receive more information I will be sure to reach out to you!

Thank you,
Randy Salus
Internet Sales
Nissan of Irvine
nissanofirvine.com
949-951-7575

·
16 Posts
You might try contacting the internet sales manager at Lithia Nissan in Fresno. I checked their website and found several discounted 2022 Nissan models in stock. (However I also found a few new Nissans in their inventory with second stickers as well) Regardless now that Ariya reservations have closed, it would be logical to assume that Nissan Dealers nationwide are astute enough to realize that Ariya reservation holders have the ability to funnel their reservation to any Nissan EV certified dealer of their choice at any time prior to delivery. So in these lean times of reduced dealer inventory, Nissan Dealers should be motivated to entice legitimate reservation holders by offering MSRP pricing. ie They’ve got everything to gain since Nissan dealers still make an 11% margin on every Ariya they sell at MSRP with no additional mark up.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts