Nissan Ariya Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

82 Posts
Why is Nissan treating us like we’re stupid. It’s been 14 months since I ordered it, still no info. Like Southwest Arlilines, Please sit and wait for a update. We will get to you sooner, but probably later.

22 Posts
Why is Nissan treating us like we’re stupid. It’s been 14 months since I ordered it, still no info. Like Southwest Arlilines, Please sit and wait for a update. We will get to you sooner, but probably later.
I get that - but you paid $500 bucks... not full value - breathe.
I waited 11 months for another EV before placing my reservation in March for my Ariya. It is what it is on EVs. Its also the first time Nissan has done a reservation system (per Nissan) and have learned a lot. Maybe communication is lacking, but from what I have seen Nissan has been far stronger in reliability than other larger companies in their supply chain.

460 Posts
I get that - but you paid $500 bucks... not full value - breathe.
I waited 11 months for another EV before placing my reservation in March for my Ariya. It is what it is on EVs. Its also the first time Nissan has done a reservation system (per Nissan) and have learned a lot. Maybe communication is lacking, but from what I have seen Nissan has been far stronger in reliability than other larger companies in their supply chain.
(per Nissan) reference? Can you elaborate. I entered a reservation process for my 2011 Leaf and made an initial deposit on line etc. Only difference this round with the Ariya reservation is we did not have to place a specific order with our dealer and then wait several more months thereafter for the car to arrive.

22 Posts
(per Nissan) reference? Can you elaborate. I entered a reservation process for my 2011 Leaf and made an initial deposit on line etc. Only difference this round with the Ariya reservation is we did not have to place a specific order with our dealer and then wait several more months thereafter for the car to arrive.
That is interesting to hear - not doubting you but just different than what I was told directly by Nissan. Your account is probably truth, however I was told by the Nissan reservation team that it was the first time they were taking online reservations. This was on a call mid-summer when they were calling about the Tax credit and updated timeline to "late" 2022. Maybe it was the agents misinformation?

460 Posts
That is interesting to hear - not doubting you but just different than what I was told directly by Nissan. Your account is probably truth, however I was told by the Nissan reservation team that it was the first time they were taking online reservations. This was on a call mid-summer when they were calling about the Tax credit and updated timeline to "late" 2022. Maybe it was the agents misinformation?
Likely a young’n fresh out of “Nissan reservation 101 training” merely 9 years old when the Leaf reservation launched! LOL

460 Posts
Likely a young’n fresh out of “Nissan reservation 101 training” merely 9 years old when the Leaf reservation launched! LOL
Here’s a screen shot describing the early Leaf reservation process. In your defense I totally understand as I was also fed conflicting info from the Nissan Launch team on two separate occasions.

Attachments

169 Posts
Here’s a screen shot describing the early Leaf reservation process. In your defense I totally understand as I was also fed conflicting info from the Nissan Launch team on two separate occasions.
Yes the Leaf reservation process worked great. It seems like the process for Ariya has been changed up a bit -- I thought there was supposed to be a time in the order process when people were contacted to finalize and decide on options, but from what has been happening it almost seems like they started shipping out certain trim levels (but with those illuminated kick plates added on), and are passing them off as reserved, as long as everything else matches up with someone's order, I don't know.

460 Posts
Yes the Leaf reservation process worked great. It seems like the process for Ariya has been changed up a bit -- I thought there was supposed to be a time in the order process when people were contacted to finalize and decide on options, but from what has been happening it almost seems like they started shipping out certain trim levels (but with those illuminated kick plates added on), and are passing them off as reserved, as long as everything else matches up with someone's order, I don't know.
Nissan has definitely changed the rules since the reservation launch November 2021. That launch clearly stated back then that the dealer would be contacting the reservation holder when the timing was right to place their order. Once the reservation holder agreed to a final configuration/pricing, the dealer would place that order with Nissan. Obviously we’re dealing with a totally different and chaotic scheme now. I agree with you that Nissan appears to be randomly matching up batches of Ariya’s they have already produced with their reservation holders. Hopefully reservation holders on this side of the pond will not be expected to accept those right hand drive Ariya‘s. But if they do maybe Nissan will throw in the illuminated kick plates for free! LOL

13 Posts
The only accurate answer is “Who knows”, but based on everything else that’s going on in the current automotive marketplace I’m afraid we’re going to be in for some ugly markups and add-ons, in the U.S. at least. (Nissan, just like everyone else, cannot legally control what dealers add to the MSRP; they have allocation levers they can use, but I’ve never seen that make much difference)
I reserved my ariya for 48 grand. when I got to the dealer somehow the msrp was off the window and my car was now 60 grand!

169 Posts
I reserved my ariya for 48 grand. when I got to the dealer somehow the msrp was off the window and my car was now 60 grand!
Sheesh! Reservation holders should ask for the actual window sticker and post a pic showing any ADM! This additional markup business is quite rampant, although many were able to find dealerships where the MSRP is honored for reservation holders, it's terrible to know that some are still having to deal with this nonsense.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts