Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
6 Posts
Agree, Nissan is terrible at communications. Because of that I cancelled my Ariya reservation and ordered a Model Y. When you order from Tesla they give you an expected delivery window which is nice.
Good luck receiving your Model Y during the expected window. According to their forums, most people's expected dates get pushed back 6 months or more, a couple weeks at a time.

·
62 Posts
And you’re comparing a car that’s deep in its production cycle vs a car that’s yet to be released in the US. Also a base Y is roughly $66k now.
FYI the Ariya Platinum+ is $58K plus dealer markup (for me it is $5K to $10K) plus $899 dealer fee in FL so price wise they will be the same.

In a strange twist of events, the Ariya loses it's tax credit and the Y gains it in 2023 and thus it might be cheaper to buy a new Model Y in 2023.

It's why the Lyriq is my first choice now (I've owned two Model Ys before and don't want another). I saw one in person yesterday and the dealer has no markup and no BS add-ons. It's a more lux EV at $62K than the Ariya.

·
94 Posts
Just got call from my Nissan Dealer he said NO NEW INFORMATION, but constantly checking which is good!!
Just got call from my Nissan Dealer he said NO NEW INFORMATION, but constantly checking which is good!!
I recently noticed the following in the Q&A section of the Ariya website: Q.”When can I actually purchase the Ariya I reserved?” A”The current expected timing for when a customer will first be able to purchase their is late fall 2022. “ Ariya website and portal now says FWD arriving “late fall……..with AWD will have a late availability” So if you wanted to be cynical, that could indicate that Nissan now plans on making the first retail delivery window as late as December 20.

·
62 Posts
I recently noticed the following in the Q&A section of the Ariya website: Q.”When can I actually purchase the Ariya I reserved?” A”The current expected timing for when a customer will first be able to purchase their is late fall 2022. “ Ariya website and portal now says FWD arriving “late fall……..with AWD will have a late availability” So if you wanted to be cynical, that could indicate that Nissan now plans on making the first retail delivery window as late as December 20.
Is that really news considering if you've attended a Ride and Drive they told folks FWD will arrive late 2022 and AWD (my trim/order) won't arrive until early 2023 at the EARLIEST.

My problem is... if folks expect a car in late 2022 then we should be seeing reservations converted into factory orders with deposits, no?

·
94 Posts
Is that really news considering if you've attended a Ride and Drive they told folks FWD will arrive late 2022 and AWD (my trim/order) won't arrive until early 2023 at the EARLIEST.

My problem is... if folks expect a car in late 2022 then we should be seeing reservations converted into factory orders with deposits, no?
I totally agree. My sense is that FWD reservation holders will have to be contacted by their dealers no later than mid October to place their final configuration order to have any hope of seeing their car before December 31.

·
12 Posts
This is getting totally ridiculous that Nissan can't let everyone know what is going on with their reservations! They certainly had no problem accepting reservations from thousands of people and generating millions of dollars! And they go totally silent for 8 or 9 months, leaving people to speculate on what is going to happen with their reservations. I have called Nissan USA a few times but have given up on them because they know about as much as I do. First, when I ordered the darn thing I was told about a rebate, and I could expect delivery in late fall. Next, I hear the rebate is gone, and it may be next year before delivery, all from people speculating on this forum, Why is it so difficult for Nissan to tell people the status of their reservations? I am getting sick and tired of speculation about this car from people who really don't know any more than I do! This is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth about Nissan. Their dealers are just as bad. One dealer says they are going to charge a market adjustment the other says Nissan has told them they can't tack on extra charges. At this point, I really don't care if I get the car or not. In short order, there will be all kinds of EVs available with substantial tax credits. If I would have known that this is the way Nissan does business I would have ordered an EV from another company 10 months ago. Now I feel I am back at square one, looking to order another EV and get my money back on this one. What a waste of time!

·
2023 Nissan Ariya
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
They did say Late Fall, Fall starts Sept 22. But yes communication with us gets a "F". They should at least tell us How many FWD are on order and if they can fulfill ALL those LATE FALL??? My dealer has kept in contact with me and also said will honor MSRP. If the dealer cant get any info also that is again BAD Communication. Someone at the top of food chain at Nissan could at least give us a simple update every 10 days , they did take our money willingly and are willing to accept another large pmt on delivery. WE DESERVE BETTER since we are being Patient and Waiting. Also there has been ZERO updates on $7500 TAX Rebate their lawyers should know something by now. So for now I will go watch NFL Football and yell at TV to feel better.

·
9 Posts
I spoke to my dealer who said they have their next call with Nissan on Oct 4. So hopefully they will hear more updates then. They said demo model coming in Oct (this is US East Coast).

21 - 35 of 35 Posts