Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preparing for early 2023 delivery of my Platinum+ -- so I went ahead and got the EV charger installed. This allows me to get a 30% credit on my 2022 taxes.

Cost:
  • $499 (Wallbox Pulsar Plus 40a) after $150 discount
  • $1787 Install cost, included long 125' run in conduit to breaker box, 50amp breaker, NEMA plug, hanging charger and configuring.
  • ($685) will receive back with 30% tax credit.
Question -- How fast will my Ariya Platinum+ charge with this configuration?

PS I know I technically didn't "need" the Wallbox charger, but I've watched enough YouTube videos to be extremely concerned with plugging and unplugging directly from the NEMA outlet.

92 Posts
Unfortunately Nissan chose a measly 7kw onboard charger. Slightly smaller than the charger in Teslas lowest range vehicle. (Vs the 11kw charger found in higher end teslas). Your 50 amp circuit gives you the ability to deliver a max of 40 amps (20% of breaker rating). Fortunately this is the most amperage the Ariya can accept from a level 2 charger. This should net you close to 30 miles of range added per hour of charge time.

98 Posts
Preparing for early 2023 delivery of my Platinum+ -- so I went ahead and got the EV charger installed. This allows me to get a 30% credit on my 2022 taxes.

Cost:
  • $499 (Wallbox Pulsar Plus 40a) after $150 discount
  • $1787 Install cost, included long 125' run in conduit to breaker box, 50amp breaker, NEMA plug, hanging charger and configuring.
  • ($685) will receive back with 30% tax credit.
Question -- How fast will my Ariya Platinum+ charge with this configuration?

PS I know I technically didn't "need" the Wallbox charger, but I've watched enough YouTube videos to be extremely concerned with plugging and unplugging directly from the NEMA outlet.
Why do you have to constantly plug/unplug? why not just leave it plugged in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts