Nissan Ariya Forum banner

Weird rear seatbelt position when folding seats

1463 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Trinimassive
What's up with this? It looks like the rear seatbelts connect to the C pillar or something rather than the seat itself. I've never seen this on any other vehicle. Does this look weird or is it just me? Are the US versions like this?

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Head restraint
See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I think it's just you. I have seen plenty of cars that have this set up and seat belts in the seats. I would prefer them to be in the seats so when you lay the seats down the belts are not in the way.
Okay - I watched a few more videos, and it looks like the seatbelt goes through some sort of leather loop at the shoulder of the seat, which looks like it can unsnap. So hopefully you can just unsnap it and have the belt retract rather than being in the way.
Okay - I watched a few more videos, and it looks like the seatbelt goes through some sort of leather loop at the shoulder of the seat, which looks like it can unsnap. So hopefully you can just unsnap it and have the belt retract rather than being in the way.
In a review I saw, the person just unstrapped it from the loop.
Reactions: 1
Good evening... went to a test drive In NJ on Father's day & like the previous member stated it a strap than can be unbuttoned and held to the side.
Reactions: 2
Good evening... went to a test drive In NJ on Father's day & like the previous member stated it a strap than can be unbuttoned and held to the side.
Hey @Trinimassive! What did you think of the Ariya after you finished your test drive? Which model are you considering?
Hey @Trinimassive! What did you think of the Ariya after you finished your test drive? Which model are you considering?
Absolutely loved it!!! Was just speaking to my co worker saying I would have loved the 7500 tax credit but oooh well. This will be my 1st ev and very excited!!! I have a reservation for the platinum awd in Boulder grey.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.