Nissan Ariya Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

14 Posts
Since your wife "always preferred the MY", then there's no subjective comparison. It's either MY or nothing. Tax incentives should only be consider if a person has tax liability. Most gullibles probably dont' understand the IRA.

My neighbor across from me traded in their 2018 Lexus RX450h (PHEV) for a top of the line 2022 MY Dual Motor with all the bells and whistles. The husband, whom I chat with once in a while, totally disliked his MY. The wife wanted the brand name Tesla in their garage because their immediate neighbor also owns a top of the line MY (their immediate neighbor also recently bought a brand new 2022 Range Rover). "What wifey wants, wifey gets" was his only reasoning for buying their MY.

Competing with the Joneses can be very expensive ordeal. I haven't talked to my neighbor after the recent drastic price reduction on their MY. I'm sure he's not very happy either. Making car payments when the value of your car is UPSIDE DOWN is not fun. How many will eventually walk away from their Tesla car loans?
“Most gullibles probably dont' understand the IRA”. 100 percent true when looking at the Ariya. Whatever you signed over the summer, there has been no clarity whether the car actually qualifies. Nissan has stayed mum on it and that meta quest was probably to soften the blow.

480 Posts
“Most gullibles probably dont' understand the IRA”. 100 percent true when looking at the Ariya. Whatever you signed over the summer, there has been no clarity whether the car actually qualifies. Nissan has stayed mum on it and that meta quest was probably to soften the blow.
That’s why many Ariya reservation holders took the extra step to secure a signed sales agreement from our dealers before August 16, 2022.

2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve +
336 Posts
I don't think we can blame Nissan. When Congress passed IRA, there was really no clarity. Everyone rushed out to get the binary contracts signed no matter what before IRA became official. There was only a tiny window to react before Biden signed it.

As for Tesla, they will continued to get taxpayers' handouts. i dont' like that at all. The program should apply to all mfgrs across the board as long as they have a US HQ presence in America. If the goal is mass EV adoptions, then why just limit a few players? Why is one more entitled than the others? Special interest groups?

54 Posts
I don't think we can blame Nissan. When Congress passed IRA, there was really no clarity. Everyone rushed out to get the binary contracts signed no matter what before IRA became official. There was only a tiny window to react before Biden signed it.

As for Tesla, they will continued to get taxpayers' handouts. i dont' like that at all. The program should apply to all mfgrs across the board as long as they have a US HQ presence in America. If the goal is mass EV adoptions, then why just limit a few players? Why is one more entitled than the others? Special interest groups?
Tesla did not qualify for the rebate on sales for most trims of the model y or 3 prior to them cutting their prices. Prior to the price cut only the standard range model 3 and the 7 seat variant of the model y qualified for the rebate.

All manufacturers could help out their customers by passing on the 7500 credit in leases since the IRS has provided guidance that leases qualify for the 7500 regardless of where the car was manufactured or the content of the batteries. As far as I know the only ones that are doing that are Volkswagen and Mercedes. Unfortunately there has not been much help from the manufacturers on the leases. To make matters worse, some, including Nissan, now have made it that you can not purchase the vehicle at the end of a lease and it HAS to be returned to the manufacturer.

54 Posts
Since your wife "always preferred the MY", then there's no subjective comparison. It's either MY or nothing. Tax incentives should only be consider if a person has tax liability. Most gullibles probably dont' understand the IRA.

My neighbor across from me traded in their 2018 Lexus RX450h (PHEV) for a top of the line 2022 MY Dual Motor with all the bells and whistles. The husband, whom I chat with once in a while, totally disliked his MY. The wife wanted the brand name Tesla in their garage because their immediate neighbor also owns a top of the line MY (their immediate neighbor also recently bought a brand new 2022 Range Rover). "What wifey wants, wifey gets" was his only reasoning for buying their MY.

Competing with the Joneses can be very expensive ordeal. I haven't talked to my neighbor after the recent drastic price reduction on their MY. I'm sure he's not very happy either. Making car payments when the value of your car is UPSIDE DOWN is not fun. How many will eventually walk away from their Tesla car loans?
The price is a factor though. Not everything is binary. She did prefer the model Y to the Ariya but not $20,000 more. Up until it was revealed that the Ariya would not qualify for the 7500 rebate if purchased in 2023 even with a binding contract and the drastic price reduction of the model Y, she was very comfortable with buying the Ariya. That analysis changed when the Ariya suddenly became 7500 more expensive and the Model Y became 20,000 cheaper. Afterall, if money didn't matter she probably would have went with a Mercedes EQS SUV

336 Posts
The price is a factor though. Not everything is binary. She did prefer the model Y to the Ariya but not $20,000 more. Up until it was revealed that the Ariya would not qualify for the 7500 rebate if purchased in 2023 even with a binding contract and the drastic price reduction of the model Y, she was very comfortable with buying the Ariya. That analysis changed when the Ariya suddenly became 7500 more expensive and the Model Y became 20,000 cheaper. Afterall, if money didn't matter she probably would have went with a Mercedes EQS SUV
The Ariya Evolve + comes in at $52K with many bells and whistles not offered on the MY. MY price tag comes in at minimum $55-$$57K with less features than the Ariya. PLUS, we get $1240 Nissan rebate for reservation holders.

With one year unlimited EVGO charging plus EVGO $500 credit, that equates to 1.5 yrs of free driving. Oh, and the discount we get for the wall charger from Nissan. I hear Tesla’s brand home charger is quite expensive?

I can not wrap head thinking the Ariya is still $7500 more expensive than MY. It looks to me both cars are equally priced taking TCO into consideration along with $7500 IRA for MY.

iMO, MY deficiencies based on lack of features against the competition is why they are overpriced to begin with…. In summary, even at minimum $55K, you still pay more for less…..( no HUD, no moonroof that opens and shuts, no Homelink, no Apply CarPlay/Android, no 360 view, etc etc)

54 Posts
The Ariya Evolve + comes in at $52K with many bells and whistles not offered on the MY. MY price tag comes in at minimum $55-$$57K with less features than the Ariya. PLUS, we get $1240 Nissan rebate for reservation holders.

With one year unlimited EVGO charging plus EVGO $500 credit, that equates to 1.5 yrs of free driving. Oh, and the discount we get for the wall charger from Nissan. I hear Tesla’s brand home charger is quite expensive?

I can not wrap head thinking the Ariya is still $7500 more expensive than MY. It looks to me both cars are equally priced taking TCO into consideration along with $7500 IRA for MY.

iMO, MY deficiencies based on lack of features against the competition is why they are overpriced to begin with…. In summary, even at minimum $55K, you still pay more for less…..( no HUD, no moonroof that opens and shuts, no Homelink, no Apply CarPlay/Android, no 360 view, etc etc)
The tesla branded wall charger is $425, but we didnt need one since i already installed a chargepoint a year ago when i got my ev. I received 3 years of free Electrify America fast charging and have used maybe the equivalent of $100 worth in the year I have had it. We have solar at home so it is almost free to charge at home. The Model Y is integrated with Chamberlain myq so the garage automatically opens and shuts as we approach and leave no need for homelink. My wife had an opening mooneoof in her previous vehicle. We never opened it. The Tesla infotainment system is pretty awesome, we dont have to wait for android auto to load or deal with disconnects in it. Plus you can watch movies on it when parked which android auto can't do.

The model Y has many features which my wife finds far superior to anything on the aria including somethings that are objective like having all-wheel drive and much faster fast charging for when we do need it. much of the rest of her list that she prefers is subjective. I'm glad you find the Aria to be a better value than the model Y. other people have different opinions. I'm just glad that there are more EVs that are available to choose from now.

87 Posts
Just received call on my Evolve #139XX ETA Feb 10th. I plan on keeping 10yrs minimum. I will get free EVGO for 1 yr,,3 hookups 3miles from my home.I also have solar home(panels are paid off) and garage charging system ready to go will use mostly starting second yr after EVGO expires. Right now it looks like $5900 rebate from state and local county.No more smog checks,oil changes, GAS, I feel it will pay for itself over long haul.Also I like the Sporty Look...First couple months of driving should be only Ariya in area but if I do see another I will be thinking 1) What was your Reservation# 2) What city or dealer? Many dealers are now showing Ariyas for sale In Transit my dealer is expecting 5 to sell in April. I think cars are listed now so they can make future money. I also think Reservation Car arrivals should pick up to receive Prior to Dealer getting theirs to sell. Good Luck to everyone it has been a long journey.
Hopefully it makes it 10 years.

Black Font Compact cassette Gas Automotive tire

336 Posts
The tesla branded wall charger is $425, but we didnt need one since i already installed a chargepoint a year ago when i got my ev. I received 3 years of free Electrify America fast charging and have used maybe the equivalent of $100 worth in the year I have had it. We have solar at home so it is almost free to charge at home. The Model Y is integrated with Chamberlain myq so the garage automatically opens and shuts as we approach and leave no need for homelink. My wife had an opening mooneoof in her previous vehicle. We never opened it. The Tesla infotainment system is pretty awesome, we dont have to wait for android auto to load or deal with disconnects in it. Plus you can watch movies on it when parked which android auto can't do.

The model Y has many features which my wife finds far superior to anything on the aria including somethings that are objective like having all-wheel drive and much faster fast charging for when we do need it. much of the rest of her list that she prefers is subjective. I'm glad you find the Aria to be a better value than the model Y. other people have different opinions. I'm just glad that there are more EVs that are available to choose from now.
i take it that you live in Arizona (GreginAZ22)? Perhaps not? Just like my father, he has never used his moonroof on both Lexus LS430 and CT200h. Can you imagine if he sits inside the Tesla glass dome for the first time? He will hate it with a passion. Since your wife does not use it as well, she’s able to overcome the glare and heat because it’s a “Tesla”.

For those who have cancelled their Nissan reservations by saying it’s cheaper to buy MY, I stand by my statement above. It’s not any cheaper buying the MY with the $7500 IRA. In your case, having solar at home is already a big incentive vs many of us without home solar. I’m fortunate to live nearby many EVGO stations.

2023 Ariya Evolve+, Boulder Grey Pearl, Charcoal, 19" , FWD, Long
26 Posts
Thanks for your post. We currently have a model 3 SR+. For our second EV we ordered the Evolve + but now its gone up $7500. The Evolve has more feature than the Y but your assements ring true for us. We never open the sun roof or 'need' the other features. The ride was better on the Ariya and way superior to the model 3. So i scheduled a test drive on the Y for yesterday. I live in Tesla land, california bay area, but there was no line for test drives. They had texted me earlier to limit testdrive to 15 minutes but the associate told me to take my time. Loved the height you sit in which was similar to the Ariya. The Y handled better than the 3 but not as good as the Ariya I test drove last summer. I still think the Ariya is a better car than the Y. It all comes down to final price and for us the Y will be cheaper by $5K. While I'm not in a hurry to get the Ariya, the Y pricing will end on March 31st. All of Tesla's under $55K cars have been sold but will we will be placing an order with car expected before end of March. If Nissan gave me a date, I could compare the two deliveries dates. It could be end of the year before I get my Ariya. But nothing from Nissan other a VR headset that had a badly made virtual ride that got me dizzy.

480 Posts
Thanks for your post. We currently have a model 3 SR+. For our second EV we ordered the Evolve + but now its gone up $7500. The Evolve has more feature than the Y but your assements ring true for us. We never open the sun roof or 'need' the other features. The ride was better on the Ariya and way superior to the model 3. So i scheduled a test drive on the Y for yesterday. I live in Tesla land, california bay area, but there was no line for test drives. They had texted me earlier to limit testdrive to 15 minutes but the associate told me to take my time. Loved the height you sit in which was similar to the Ariya. The Y handled better than the 3 but not as good as the Ariya I test drove last summer. I still think the Ariya is a better car than the Y. It all comes down to final price and for us the Y will be cheaper by $5K. While I'm not in a hurry to get the Ariya, the Y pricing will end on March 31st. All of Tesla's under $55K cars have been sold but will we will be placing an order with car expected before end of March. If Nissan gave me a date, I could compare the two deliveries dates. It could be end of the year before I get my Ariya. But nothing from Nissan other a VR headset that had a badly made virtual ride that got me dizzy.
Have you checked in with your dealer the last couple of weeks to see if they can see your build date in their portal yet? I checked with my dealer about 10 days ago and they could finally see my build date scheduled for February.

336 Posts
I just drove by Tesla showroom in Tustin/Irvine. LOTS AND LOTS of MYs in front of their lot with NO paper plates on them.

If you must choose a MY, I recommend waiting till the end of March. Since Tesla is a publicly traded company, it's all about volume and quotas. They will be desperate to find last minute buyers at the end of March. Who knows. They may offer free unlimited charging in addition to deep discounting.

Dont worry about FOMO. Tesla needs YOU more than you need Tesla.

70 Posts
Hank:
Glad you like your Ariya, happy you're so committed to your opinion. However, pushing it at the rest of us over and over is growing tiresome. Trust me, we know your position.

By the way, there are NO 5 seat MYLR's in inventory in the entire nation that make the present tax credit. Not a one. You're mostly seeing cars with 20's and color choices or etc that push past the 5 seat tax credit limit. Post March, or whenever the new battery ruling is established, those too will sell again.

All:
Has anybody received guidance from a tax consultant that assures them an Ariya delivered in 2023 is eligible, in any way, for the tax credit?

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
Hank:
Glad you like your Ariya, happy you're so committed to your opinion. However, pushing it at the rest of us over and over is growing tiresome. Trust me, we know your position.

By the way, there are NO 5 seat MYLR's in inventory in the entire nation that make the present tax credit. Not a one. You're mostly seeing cars with 20's and color choices or etc that push past the 5 seat tax credit limit. Post March, or whenever the new battery ruling is established, those too will sell again.

All:
Has anybody received guidance from a tax consultant that assures them an Ariya delivered in 2023 is eligible, in any way, for the tax credit?
Also any update on 2022 deliveries because if they are told no,I imagine 2023 would also be no (Hoping I am wrong on 22/23 tax stuff. Have not heard of any 2022 doing taxes yet claiming $7500 deduction )RIGHT?

336 Posts
I just drove by Tesla showroom in Tustin/Irvine. LOTS AND LOTS of MYs in front of their lot with NO paper plates on them.

If you must choose a MY, I recommend waiting till the end of March. Since Tesla is a publicly traded company, it's all about volume and quotas. They will be desperate to find last minute buyers at the end of March. Who knows. They may offer free unlimited charging in addition to deep discounting.

Dont worry about FOMO. Tesla needs YOU more than you need Tesla.
Some photos that I took at Tesla showroom today during lunch hour. Take your business down to Tustin/Irvine if want MY badly (FOMO). Noticed they don’t have paper plates on these vehicles?

Mirror Sky Automotive side-view mirror Plant Car

Sky Road surface Cloud Asphalt Mountainous landforms

Mirror Sky Daytime Hood Automotive lighting

21 - 40 of 56 Posts