Nissan Ariya Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
I think there's a Tesla thing here that I just don't get... What's the deal with paper plates?
Hank:
Glad you like your Ariya, happy you're so committed to your opinion. However, pushing it at the rest of us over and over is growing tiresome. Trust me, we know your position.

By the way, there are NO 5 seat MYLR's in inventory in the entire nation that make the present tax credit. Not a one. You're mostly seeing cars with 20's and color choices or etc that push past the 5 seat tax credit limit. Post March, or whenever the new battery ruling is established, those too will sell again.

All:
Has anybody received guidance from a tax consultant that assures them an Ariya delivered in 2023 is eligible, in any way, for the tax credit?
I think a NEW POST on 2022 Rebates from Current new owners might work also any NEW info from 2023 Tax consultants but I feel it would get buried fast and drift off topic unless someone can think of nice TITLE

· Super Moderator
275 Posts
I think a NEW POST on 2022 Rebates from Current new owners might work also any NEW info from 2023 Tax consultants but I feel it would get buried fast and drift off topic unless someone can think of nice TITLE
I've been pondering a FAQ sub-forum with single-question stickied threads, or maybe some other way to organize this sort of thing... (Of course, on this particular subject, we have only the frequent question - no definitive answer.)

479 Posts
Hank:
Glad you like your Ariya, happy you're so committed to your opinion. However, pushing it at the rest of us over and over is growing tiresome. Trust me, we know your position.

By the way, there are NO 5 seat MYLR's in inventory in the entire nation that make the present tax credit. Not a one. You're mostly seeing cars with 20's and color choices or etc that push past the 5 seat tax credit limit. Post March, or whenever the new battery ruling is established, those too will sell again.

All:
Has anybody received guidance from a tax consultant that assures them an Ariya delivered in 2023 is eligible, in any way, for the tax credit?
I have been told by my dealer that my Evolve + build is scheduled for February. So as long as I am able to take delivery prior to April 15, I fully intend to apply for my EV tax credit in my 2022 return. My interpretation of the IRA legislation states that EV buyers who have attained a binding agreement prior to August 16, are considered as having a locked in purchase date of August 15, 2022. Besides signing the Nissan agreement last August, my dealer provided me with a signed and dated sales agreement with my Nissan reservation number 35xxx inserted in the vin# space. Some members in this the forum are concerned about a potential IRS penalty/fines by moving ahead in this direction. However I am not concerned since I have already satisfied my estimated tax burden for 2022 without the tax credit. So as far as I’m concerned the worst case scenario for me is if the IRS elects to deny my application as being ineligible.

2023 Nissan Ariya
322 Posts
I've been pondering a FAQ sub-forum with single-question stickied threads, or maybe some other way to organize this sort of thing... (Of course, on this particular subject, we have only the frequent question - no definitive answer.)
That is why a post with people who HAVE filed and got answers from TAX PROFESSIONAL we have read HUNDREDS of Post over and over with opinions back and forth it is hard to guess. The best thing would be if NISSAN Tax Professionals would tell us.

479 Posts
That is why a post with people who HAVE filed and got answers from TAX PROFESSIONAL we have read HUNDREDS of Post over and over with opinions back and forth it is hard to guess. The best thing would be if NISSAN Tax Professionals would tell us.
You may have to be a little more patient to learn from any who HAVE filed …….since the IRS just began accepting returns yesterday. I sincerely doubt that we will hear much more from Nissan regarding this matter since the EV segment of the IRA legislation continues to be a moving target. The IRS has elected to be mum at the moment so even tax professionals must now either determine a specific approach or wait for further instructions/clarification by the IRS.

479 Posts
You may have to be a little more patient to learn from any who HAVE filed …….since the IRS just began accepting returns yesterday. I sincerely doubt that we will hear much more from Nissan regarding this matter since the EV segment of the IRA legislation continues to be a moving target. The IRS has elected to be mum at the moment so even tax professionals must now either determine a specific approach or wait for further instructions/clarification by the IRS.

70 Posts
Agreed, in fact, it's one of the reasons I'd like to move to the AWD version. I'm almost assured others will have crossed the IRS's path before I take delivery of an AWD. If only there was a way.

I'll certainly share what my tax advisor tells me!

FWIW, the Tesla forums have a lot of discussion on this (lots more people affected), and the general leaning is those with binding agreements are covered. Moot for present sales of course.

70 Posts
I have been told by my dealer that my Evolve + build is scheduled for February. So as long as I am able to take delivery prior to April 15, I fully intend to apply for my EV tax credit in my 2022 return. My interpretation of the IRA legislation states that EV buyers who have attained a binding agreement prior to August 16, are considered as having a locked in purchase date of August 15, 2022. Besides signing the Nissan agreement last August, my dealer provided me with a signed and dated sales agreement with my Nissan reservation number 35xxx inserted in the vin# space. Some members in this the forum are concerned about a potential IRS penalty/fines by moving ahead in this direction. However I am not concerned since I have already satisfied my estimated tax burden for 2022 without the tax credit. So as far as I’m concerned the worst case scenario for me is if the IRS elects to deny my application as being ineligible.
Yea, I get it. Is the direction I might go if I go Ariya as well. As I've shown in another thread, the IRS finding is clearly against that, while the bill itsekf mostly establishes that you can. My decision? I'm pushing my tax guy and making him do, sign, and be accounrtable for my return. (Yea, this being in the dark is BS)

70 Posts
Tesla inventory:

Tesla corporate sales support has national search capability. I asked them today for my build in three different colors in 5 seat or 7 seat and was told "none for sale in your configuration anywhere in the nation that make the tax credit limit". I suppose they could have lied, but it doesn't seem likely to me. Meanwhile, since I'm one of the few seemingly aware of how few builds of the MYLR make the tax credit, let me again simply say it's very easy, and common, for an MYLR to exceed the $55k price point and not be eligible for the credit. Those are all over the place for sale, and it's likely what folks less aware of the finer points of MYLR pricing are seeing.

Looking forward to learning more on the tax credit situation and getting to drive an Ariya. With luck this will be moot.

102 Posts
Pricing is not the only factor but it is a factor. Other factors for her were better basic autopilot than the Ariya, better audio, better infotainment system, more options for customization, more cargo room, better driving feel, better efficiency, easier to charge on road trips, better seats, one pedal driving, sentry mode, and better performance. She always preferred the model Y o the Ariya but liked the Ariya well enough to pick it when the Model Y cost significantly more. But the price drop of the Model Y combined with the tax credit for the Y and loss of tax credit for the Ariya meant that the vehicle she preferred was now less expensive than her sexond choice in the EV market.

Granted, some of these things are subjective, and are not meant to downplay the Ariya at all.

I think it is great that there are now more options in the EV market. I personally drive an ID4 pro and prefer it to both the Ariya and model Y for my own subjective reasons.
are the seats really better? I haven't had extended butt time in either but the zero gravity seats in other nissans are excellent.
we also went with the MY for most of the reasons you listed above. but if pricing were equal (including tax rebates), we would've gone Evolve+ over the MYLR.

102 Posts
i take it that you live in Arizona (GreginAZ22)? Perhaps not? Just like my father, he has never used his moonroof on both Lexus LS430 and CT200h. Can you imagine if he sits inside the Tesla glass dome for the first time? He will hate it with a passion. Since your wife does not use it as well, she’s able to overcome the glare and heat because it’s a “Tesla”.

For those who have cancelled their Nissan reservations by saying it’s cheaper to buy MY, I stand by my statement above. It’s not any cheaper buying the MY with the $7500 IRA. In your case, having solar at home is already a big incentive vs many of us without home solar. I’m fortunate to live nearby many EVGO stations.
I don't follow. How is it not cheaper? if you're going by feature content, there are features in the MY not available in the ariya at similar price points, and vice versa. comparing evolve+ to MYLR which were the two models I was considering, the MYLR is in fact cheaper after incentives.

87 Posts
I would just move ahead with the purchase, everything I read points to being eligible for the EV tax credit.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts