Nissan Ariya Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reserved the Venture when reservations started. Since the manufacturing restrictions of IRA I have worked on getting a purchase agreement. Nissan gave me a chance with there latest agreement to purchase. Correct me if I am wrong but I think This is the way it works, When my Venture arrives at the dealer I designated I have to take a copy of my purchase agreement, a copy of my IRA tax return for 2021 to justify the new income capand my reservation to get the tax credit.

·
57 Posts
I reserved the Venture when reservations started. Since the manufacturing restrictions of IRA I have worked on getting a purchase agreement. Nissan gave me a chance with there latest agreement to purchase. Correct me if I am wrong but I think This is the way it works, When my Venture arrives at the dealer I designated I have to take a copy of my purchase agreement, a copy of my IRA tax return for 2021 to justify the new income capand my reservation to get the tax credit.
Honestly, not sure if anyone know how this will work. If it's a tax credit then that will be done only on the tax return you file.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that the new bill was in effect on signing and tax credit was paid at time of purchase. if not I don't mind taking it April of next year. But i need to qualify and IRA form 8936 doesn't seem to fit.

·
22 Posts
I thought that the new bill was in effect on signing and tax credit was paid at time of purchase. if not I don't mind taking it April of next year. But i need to qualify and IRA form 8936 doesn't seem to fit.
I don’t think point of sale rebates will begin until 2024. Until then, I think you’ll get your rebate in the following tax season.

·
65 Posts
I would not assume the Ariya will be eligible for a tax credit regardless of the "agreement" Nissan sent out. You should talk to a contract attorney and/or tax professional before making any decisions.

·
36 Posts
The point-of-sale credit will not be in place until 2024. You'll take the credit on your 2022 tax return (in 2023) provided the binging agreement etc. is all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts